April 2011 Moms
Options

Nesting

I was wondering if anyone else was getting into cleaning urges now. My husband has to constantly tell me to relax since we aren't due for another 2 and a half months.. I just can't stand even a little bit of clutter anymore.... any one else?

Re: Nesting

• Options
    Everywhere I look there seems to be stuff in the wrong place. We haven't even brought the baby things into the living space yet and things seem so cluttered. I was just talking to DH last night that I wish on Sunday night the house looked ready for the coming work week - for some reason things no matter how clean on Sunday morning are a disaster by Sunday night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No, this would be a futile effort for me right now with the home renos, but I expect the urge might hit soon.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not yet, hopefully when I leave work to be a SAHM I will have those 3 weeks when it hits. 
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Depends on the day...sometimes the clutter and mess really bug me, but other times (today for example) I'm just way to tired to even care about the dirty dishes!
  • Options
    It has hit me hard, BUT, I am not getting keys to our house until Feb. 25th. It is driving me nuts bc there isn't really anything I can do. I have organized and reorganized all the clothes I have gotten for Avery so far though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am not being anal about the rest of the house, which is SO unlike me, but I am going crazy trying to get the nursery all finished. My goal tonight is to finish my DIY mobile!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yes!  Knowing that there is clutter in an upstairs closet has been driving me crazy for WEEKS.  MH thinks I'm nuts: "but we never even go into that closet!" he says.  It doesn't matter.  It must. be. de-cluttered.  And soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    It is so nice to know that I am not alone in that. I know I am driving my hubby nuts though lol
  • Options
    I didn't think I had hit the nesting stage yet... but last week I was going through a drawer in my bathroom with all my make-up and bobby pins, and literally screamed at the disorganization. DH laughed at me, I spazzed out so much. So this weekend I majorly went through and cleaned out my whole bathroom cabinet. And so it begins!
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

No, this would be a futile effort for me right now with the home renos, but I expect the urge might hit soon.

Same here, but you better believe when the contractor is finished on Friday that my list and crazy madness will start!

• Options
    We're moving on the 1st of March so as soon as we get some boxes I will be packing nonstop!
  • Options
    We both went into an unspoken mode of nesting during our month of ttc.  Its like we were both hoping and believing so hard that this baby was going to happen that we got serious about getting our house completely in order (this was also immediately after getting married, so we had a LOT of things to find places for).  The last few months we've backed off, but we back in full force.  Clutter drives us crazy now (and this is coming from me, SO NOT a neat-freak like my husband).  Crazy how this happens.
  • Options
    I've been organizing and cleaning out like crazy!  And I haven't even washed any baby stuff or set up any baby gear.  You THINK you have 2 months left, but you never know.  Bedrest can happen at anytime, and babies come early all the time too!  I say prepare what you can while you can so you aren't stressed later!  I plan to have the crib and dressers set up this week, and then I'm going to wash and put away all clothes, blankets, bibs and baby things.  Then I can start focusing on setting up some of the baby gear and getting covers washed and what not. :)  Then I'll feel better and will be able to relax!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"