Stay at Home Moms
Options

Banana Bread--Question about Freezing

Wow--as I typed this I realized I have NO CLUE what I'm doing as far as freezing and defrosting!!  Don't make fun of my inabilities here, ladies!  I need your advice!

My mom's meeting is going to be post-poned tomorrow until the following week because of bad weather.  It's my week to bring something and I was going to bring a banana bread because I have a few really ripe bananas to use. 

Can I make the bread as planned and freeze it until next week?  Do you think it'll be ok if it's banana chocolate chip bread?  Will anything funky happen to the choco. chips? 

If I need it out for a Tuesday, when would you take it out to thaw?  Thaw at room temp.? Put in fridge?

Thank you for your help!!!

Re: Banana Bread--Question about Freezing

• Options

Yes, it will do fine in the freezer.  I wrap my bread in foil and then in a ziploc.  I would put it out the night before, and it will be fine.

You could also put the ripe bananas in the freezer and take them out the day before.  They get a little mushy when they defrost but they're perfect to bake with.  Then you could have the bread fresh.

You'll be fine either way.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

imageKateB1984:
    I freeze banana bread all the time, including choc chip. I wrap it in plastic wrap tightly, then either wrap it in foil or put it in a freezer bag. I'd just take it out the night before and thaw it on the counter because it doesn't really need to be refrigerated.

Ditto.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagensees:

Yes, it will do fine in the freezer.  I wrap my bread in foil and then in a ziploc.  I would put it out the night before, and it will be fine.

You could also put the ripe bananas in the freezer and take them out the day before.  They get a little mushy when they defrost but they're perfect to bake with.  Then you could have the bread fresh.

You'll be fine either way.

Me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMainelyFoolish:

imageKateB1984:
    I freeze banana bread all the time, including choc chip. I wrap it in plastic wrap tightly, then either wrap it in foil or put it in a freezer bag. I'd just take it out the night before and thaw it on the counter because it doesn't really need to be refrigerated.

Ditto.

This

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"