June 2011 Moms
Options

Registering...stress? or no stress? twin advice needed

Ok, I went with a friend who has a 1 year old and she pretty much held up everything at BRU, said I needed it and just scanned away!  I have NO idea what I really need!  How many, etc...especially with twins! 

Was anyone else stressed out about it?  

We still haven't ordered our cribs and our bedding is picked but trying to make it work affordably for two!  

I wish I felt like this was easier and more fun than it feels! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Registering...stress? or no stress? twin advice needed

• Options

no advice for twins but i am overwhelmed as well.  I hate shopping and having a bunch of crap in our house and I hate getting gifts (so I'm weird...) but this is the part of having a kid that I am dreading.

DH just reminds me- we are so lucky to have a healthy pregnancy and to be excited about being a parent.  

I say just start over with the registry, make your own choices and do some research online. 

• Options

Thats probably not a bad way to register- that way your friends/family have lots of choices when they try to purchase a gift for you.  After my baby was born, I figured out what I wasnt using and made a big return at BRU (had too many swaddles for example).  Then we used the store credit to buy what we really needed.  That was a few years ago, but they let me return anything that I hadnt opened that was on my registry.

Try not to stress- all you really need is a carseat, place for the baby to sleep, and a way to feed them.  The rest of the "stuff" is just convenience stuff. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was really nice of your friend--I had my SIL who has two kids look over the registry I did myself, and she told me what to take off, what to add, what I needed more of, etc.  And it is different with twins--you need two car seats and two high chairs and a different kind of stroller and two cribs and two sets of so much stuff....the Multiples board might be able to help you if you have specific questions.
  • Options
    i had one baby, so your situation might be totally different, but the way i kept things low-stress when acquiring all of the baby accessories was by getting everything second-hand or hand-me-down.  i ended up with a ton of stuff in the attic.  if i needed it, great, there it was.  and if dd didn't care for it (e.g., the swing, the bouncer, the moby wrap, the sling), i didn't have to feel bad about it in the slightest. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

First, I would post on the multiples board (if you haven't already).  Off the top of my head, things you need two of:  car seats, bases (we had 4 bases so we could have them in both cars), high chairs or boosters, bouncy chairs.  You don't need two swings, two exersaucers or jumperoos, activity mats, etc.  We just rotated them in a lot of that stuff. 

Think extra bottles, extra blankets, crib sheets, mattress pads, good double stroller (spend the money here if you have it!), towels, etc. 

Good luck and have fun with it! 

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"