Pregnant after a Loss
Options

When do you give the baby shower hostess gifts? Etiquette

I am having 2 small showers at each of my 2 schools but like 5 ppl are organizing each one. This is my first shower experience - I was planning to give them each a small hostess gift, but they are throwing them TOMORROW and wed. Is it ok to give them the gifts AFTER (like next week - I want to make something for each of them) as a "thank you" hostess gift?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do you give the baby shower hostess gifts? Etiquette

• Options
    I think next week is more than fine. I've thrown several showers and have never been given a hostess gift. I'd be delighted to get one a week later!
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    While I have zero experience, I would say that is completely acceptable.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekathymarie:
    I think next week is more than fine. I've thrown several showers and have never been given a hostess gift. I'd be delighted to get one a week later!

This.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    What Kathy said-- I've thrown 2 showers and got a thank you card maybe a week or 2 later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I gave one to one host after the shower when she came back to my house. I'll give the other host hers when I see her again.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I gave mine two-ish weeks after the shower.  I think the following week would be more than acceptable.  It's not like they expect you to hand them a gift right after clean up duty.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"