1st Trimester
Options

Light Pink Spotting Week 5

Hi Ladies.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I am freaked out and came to post on this board as soon as I got home.

I went to the gym after work and before I went to workout, I had to go to the bathroom (sorry tmi) and I noticed light pink spotting.  My Dr. office is closed and I didn't know if this would warrant an emergency - so here I am.

Has anyone else had this?  Am I freaking out over nothing? 

TIA, I really appreciate it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Light Pink Spotting Week 5

• Options

Sorry. I know all of it can be scary. here is some info https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-symptoms/qa/spotting-during-1st-trimester.aspx

Its seems like very light spotting is perfectly normal. Keep and eye out on it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you so much! I suppose I should have googled first, but value the ladies on thebump very much :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had light spotting during week 5, and had an ultrasound at 5weeks 3days and it showed a gestational sac right where it was supposed to be.  My blood work came back fine also.

Today, I had my 10 day follow up ultrasound and saw the baby and the heartbeat measuring right on schedule.

Spotting is scary, but if it is light, and isn't accompanied by cramps, it could be fine!

• Options
    I hope all is well.  I for one never feel shy about calling my doctor, even the on call docs over the weekend or during evening hours.  They are there for that reason and my philosophy is that if it gives you peace of mind then go ahead and call.
  • Options
    I actually just got on concerned about the same thing.... I am  just over 5 weeks and have been spotting brown discharge sometimes pink, a pantyliner lasts me the whole day so it's not like a period bleed. I also notice it on the tissue after urinating. It's so scary, this is my 1st pregnancy and it's so hard to know if it's worrisome or not. It sounds like a lot of woman have had this though...so hopefully there's nothing to worry about. I am going to talk to the dr tomorrow though. I have been having this for over a week since I found out I was pregnant. Good luck to you, hope everything turns out ok. 
  • Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, you should always call your doc if there is any blood, unless he says otherwise.  I'm not saying anything's wrong (I had spotting, too, and the u/s showed everything where it was supposed to be), but better safe than sorry.  Please call your doctor, if only for your own peace of mind.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had almost constant, but very, very light brown spotting in weeks 5 and 6. Both times, it started within 24 hours of working out. I know, because after the first time, I waited to workout again until it had stopped for over a day. The second time, it started out as red, but very quickly turned brown (within half an hour).

You might want to think about your workout routine and take it easy to see if that's related to the spotting.

After the red, my doctor told me to stop working out and had me come in at 6wks5days, instead of my original 9 weeks.

I had an ultrasound and everything was perfect. I finally started working out (super, super mild workouts) on Thursday (which was 7wks1day). I have had no complications. I am very cautiously upping my workouts now.

So, I would just monitor to see if anything is triggering it and rest. Light pink probably isn't a big deal. It's the red that it worrying, especially if you also have cramping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am going through the same thing right now - light pink/nudish  colour spotting.  Called my Dr last Thurs when it started and he wanted me to come in right away but he is an hour away so DH took me to emerg that night and they couldn't see anything wrong.  Bloodwork still indicates pregnancy and she said if I was miscarrying then there would be fresh red blood and clots as well as cramping.  They had me come back on Fri for ultrasound and they can see the gestational sac but no heartbeat yet but we were only measuring 5 weeks 6 days at the time so it was pretty early for that.  I am seeing my doctor tomorrow night and most likely having ultrasound and bloodwork again this week so we'll see.  From what I hear it is fairly common.
  • Options

Thank you all :) 

I have dull cramps, nothing out of the ordinary.. I will be calling my Dr. first thing in the morning - I am not scheduled to come in until Feb. 23, but maybe they will move me up because of this!

I have also maintained my workouts up to this point, so maybe I need to dial it down a notch.  Good Luck to everyone and thank you again for the support and information!

• Options

imageexoh:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, you should always call your doc if there is any blood, unless he says otherwise.  I'm not saying anything's wrong (I had spotting, too, and the u/s showed everything where it was supposed to be), but better safe than sorry.  Please call your doctor, if only for your own peace of mind.

So agreed! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"