2nd Trimester
Options

Which would you choose?

I've heard good things about Dr. Browns and Tommy Tippee bottles. I like the TT cups for their size and shape, but I've also been surrounded by so much Dr. Brown hype. Any suggestions as to which are best for colic prevention?

Re: Which would you choose?

• Options
    I registered for TT. Honestly,  becasue they were cute and new..... all my friends use avent.  If baby doesnt like them ill return the extras for something new :)

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Options

I'd register for one of each and buy the ones that worked best for us later.

(Which is what I did.)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Tommy Tippee - have used both and the later are easier to clean and more closely mirror the shape and action of the breast and nipple. This is helpful if you mean to continue to express once you return to work - and the added bonus is that the TT bottles seemed easier for baby to hold because of their stubby shape. LOVED them! 

(Also tried Avent which were ok once my daughter was a bit older - but found their gages (holes at the top for different age groups) a bit off and the nipples were a bit hard for a breast fed baby to manipulate with her tongue - too thick).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I'd register for one of each and buy the ones that worked best for us later.

(Which is what I did.)

That's what I've done so far, I guess we'll see which bottles LO likes. I plan on BF as much as a I can and having DH bottle feed when I'm absent. I've heard that TT is closest to the mom's nipple shape, but again, all up to LO!

• Options

Honestly will depend on whta your LO likes.

I personally havent used the TT bottles but my DS has the sippy cups and I hate HATE them, I threw them away actually.So i am biased toward them just based on that experience.  Sorry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    My sister started with avent and had to switch to Dr. B because her baby had bad reflux and some colic.  I registered for Dr. B because of her experience.  I don't know about TT though, but it does seem that  a lot of moms (especially on here) like the Playtex drop ins.  Maybe you should look at those too.
  • Options
    My sister loves Dr. Brown BUT she recommends TT just because Dr. Brown has so many parts to clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am going to register/buy 1 or 2 of probably 4 different types of bottles so we can figure out which one our little guy likes.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! I guess we'll use the trial and error method :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"