April 2011 Moms
Options

So who else's DH is scared to have sex?

Yup, DH is scared.  He says "now that I feel her move, it would just be weird."  He tells me I am beautiful every day and I honestly know it is not me.  I just wish he would get over it.  She is way up there and protected!  The thing that makes me feel better is that I have read other men have issues with it, and we have other intimate things that we do/share together.  Tell me I am not the only one though.

Re: So who else's DH is scared to have sex?

• Options
    Luckily my baby hasn't moved while having sex, I sometimes wonder if that will turn DH off.  LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I KNOW if we were allowed to have sex, this would be an issue for my DH. I get it - it would be a little weird to be in the middle of the deed and have a foot sticking out of my stomach or something. I don't want to say "creepy" because it's amazing and I love seeing her, but...yeah, creepy in that context.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine! It sucks...even though I'm on bedrest, I'm not on that kind of bedrest meaning that sex is ok, but we haven't had sex since I was 16 weeks...Almost THREE MONTHS ago. He says its too weird for him. I get it, but sometimes I really want sex and he just can't get over it. UGH! 
  • Options

If I get clearance at this week's appt, I am going to do my best to convince DH it's ok ;) 

It sucks, b/c after baby comes, he'll be wanting to and I know I won't. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally the case here... We were having sex a while back (in a galaxy far, far away), and he goes, "This is weird. I feel like I'm hurting you." And nothing since then. He still says sweet, romantic things, we're still always together, and fall asleep snuggling each other, but I think he's just too freaked out to get past it.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine hasn't SAID that, but I think that is the reason for the lack of action in our house.   :-(   
  • Options

My DH is a big guy (6'1" and about 230lbs)he thinks his weight will hurt the LO.  That and she is moves now.  Before she would stop moving before during and after, now its during the whole process.  I even find it weird.

I know he loves me because he tells me all through out the day how beautiful I am and that he loves me more then life its self :)

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am also getting nothing at this end and it is becoming very difficult for me because I have such a high sex drive...He tells me it is too weird I dont understand it although I do respect it....My DH is also a big guy (5'10" 270 lbs)  so there is also the fact hes afraid of hurting me
  • Options

My DH hasn't come right out and said so, but I think this is the root of our lack of sex lately.  We just had a conversation about our lack of, and lack of romance so to speak.  I was worried it was me, that he's lost interest and that he doesn't find me attractive anymore.  I know that we have to get creative but usually can find a way.  He said that he's just afraid that doing so may start things as far as contractions.

My guess is he's scared that if we do, he'll hurt me, the baby, feel the baby or start things along.

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options
    DH wont say it, in fact he pretends to be completely oblivious to the fact that we never do it any more, which I think is far more frustrating than if he actually gave me some sort of reasoning for it.And since I have always had a high sex drive, even with the added exhaustion I'm still quite often finding myself on edge.
  • Options

imageshaindelr:
    Totally the case here... We were having sex a while back (in a galaxy far, far away), and he goes, "This is weird. I feel like I'm hurting you." And nothing since then. He still says sweet, romantic things, we're still always together, and fall asleep snuggling each other, but I think he's just too freaked out to get past it.

This exactly.  I'm also too tired to mind very much.  I am really looking forward to about 6 weeks postpartum and getting back into our groove. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've got the opposite issue, hubby can't get enough! We've been working around baby sleeping though because it's creepy feeling to me... we're getting all we can right now because we both know there's a long dry spell up ahead!! That and I finally have a sex drive, who knew ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MH will have sex with me, but he likes to completely avoid the topic of the baby for awhile before/after, and he pretends my belly is not there.  By that I mean he doesn't touch it, he tends to avoid my boobs lately, etc.  I made the mistake of mentioning the baby while we were cuddling together after sex the other night, and he asked if we could avoid talk about the baby right after sex.  Oops!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    My DH was like that with our first.... and it drove me crazy! This time around, he's been much better! I think it's really weird for them, especially the first time.
  • Options

I'm glad to read this post. I've been so upset about our lack of a sex life :(

I've asked him about it and he doesn't have any good answers, so maybe I'll just pretend that it is b/c of the baby moving.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"