May 2011 Moms
Options

Let's talk about gas pains.

Have you had gas pains while pregnant?  If so, how does it feel?

I have been having some abdominal pain and think it is related to gas.  I called the doctor's office and was told to go to the hospital if I am worried.  The symptoms have since subsided but if they come back, I might go in.  (I already have pre-term labor issues, so I have reason to be a little jumpy.)

*Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections

Re: Let's talk about gas pains.

• Options
    Well, it's so hard to say.  If you are allowed to take GasX type stuff, I'd try that.  If you can walk, I'd try that too.  GL, I know it can be painful. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine are lower abdominal pains usually (below where my bump starts), or along my sides.  When I go to the bathroom (#1 or 2), my lower abdomen will cramp, too, and it can double me over.

My doc told me today that GasX is perfectly fine for me to take, which made my day. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Worst pain EVER. When my spine gets out of alignment everything just STOPS moving.

I get pains along both of my sides that feel like my ribs are being crushed.

Has not been unheard of to go into tears due to the pain.

I stay away from anything that could possibly give me gas and I keep gas-x chewables on hand for anything else. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Early this trimester I thought I was cramping.  I went into the doctor and got an exam, ultrasound, no problems, only gas ;p  I felt pretty silly.  I think it was also constipation, so up the juice, prunes and fiber.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemcwhittaker:

Worst pain EVER. When my spine gets out of alignment everything just STOPS moving.

I get pains along both of my sides that feel like my ribs are being crushed.

Has not been unheard of to go into tears due to the pain.

I stay away from anything that could possibly give me gas and I keep gas-x chewables on hand for anything else. 

This. Plus what pp said about pain while peeing. Gas pains can go to hell! Angry 

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    so i get gas pain too. It feels like severe all of a sudden cramping and lasts for about 5 to 10 mins or basically till i fart haha (Sorry no other way to put it). Once i fart i feel so much better. The first time I was so scared and then once it had happened a couple times i got the message. So my only advice is...try to fart! haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagearom729:

Mine are lower abdominal pains usually (below where my bump starts), or along my sides.  When I go to the bathroom (#1 or 2), my lower abdomen will cramp, too, and it can double me over.

This!  I have had gas issues since day 1 (and I do regularly, anyway), either minor or major.  I go to the bathroom regularly with no issue, but the stupid gas pains are frustrating.  Every night, I go to bed feeling like a balloon.  Definitely stay away from carbonation and food that causes gas.  I don't find Gas X to be very helpful.  I prefer Phazyme, but I have had good luck with Maalox liquid actually.  I take the Maximum Strength very berry flavor.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

Ok this JUST happened to me the other night for the first time, and then it happened again when I laid down to go to bed a few nights ago.

I had really bad pains in my lower abdomen and I got really concerned. A half hour later the gas relieved itself and I felt 100% normal.

Then the other night I laid down to go to sleep and the same thing. I got up, went to the bathroom and just waited. It eventually worked itself out as well.

It was very painful and very unsettling. I was sure something was wrong...but in the end it was just gas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"