Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Is it okay to bring sick kids out in public?

DS just got over a cold.  I have spent the last two weeks holed up in the house getting him better and not wanting to infect others. Well today we went out to an indoor play area and there was a little kid, who was coughing all over the place, running around, I was so irratated, I left. I hope my LO doesn't get sick again. I always thought that it was not PC to bring sick kids out around other kids, am I wrong?
BFP #1: 11/09; DS born 8/01/10 BFP #2: 10/11/11 EDD: 06/25/12 M/MC 11/23/11 @ 9 weeks, 3 days; BFP#3 3/10/12 EDD 11/23/11 Grow Baby! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: Is it okay to bring sick kids out in public?

• Options
    You shouldn't, but lots of people do.  I think if you're in a place geared towards children though, you should almost expect SOME kid to be sick. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Colds can be contagious a day or so before someone even has symptoms so while it's annoying to be around someone who does have symptoms, germs are everywhere - at least you knew about it and could leave.  Plus, some kids who have asthma or allergies cough all the time so you wouldn't know if it was a cold or something else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't stay home unless he has a fever. I work, and he always has a cold. It barely registers to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"