VBAC

Intro and need advice

Hi ladies.  I love that this board was created.  I haven't introduced myself yet, but I had a CS with my first who is now 2 and I'm 38 weeks pregnant with our second.  With my first I was in early labor for about a day and half when my water broke.  I was GBS+ so I had to go in shortly after.  I was only at a 3, but they needed to start the antibiotics.  I wasn't having out of control contractions and wasn't really progressing.  I refused pitocin though and stayed overnight, but when I hadn't gotten past a 4 in the morning my midwife said I had to be induced. By about noon I was at a 10 and pushed for 2.5 hours.  My daughter was posterior and had a lot of swelling on her head.  She was pretty much stuck and not coming down the birth canal and they recommended the cs.

Flash forward to now.  I have been planning to have a VBAC.  I want that so much for my baby and myself.  At about 35-36 weeks I had so much pressure and discomfort down low and I could feel his head really well, but that has gone away, I am feeling kicks down low now and I am pretty positive he turned breech sometime since my 36 week appointment.  I know he can still turn and there are things I can do to encourage it, but I just feel like he wasn't fitting right the other way.  He feels bigger than my first baby and so I would guess his head is bigger too.  My first was very average in size and still got stuck.  I know only a very small percentage of women have pelvises that physically cannot birth a baby, but I am just feeling like maybe I am one of them.  So discouraged.  Starting to think I might end up scheduling rcs at my next appointment on Thurs.  This has been a rough day.  Thanks for anyone that got through that whole thing.  I just needed to get it out there.  

Re: Intro and need advice

• My advice to you is to go see a chiro ASAP....one that is certified to work with pregnant women.  They can help adjust you so that you open up optimally and may be able to help with getting baby to turn.  Good luck!
  • My girls were only 1 oz. apart in birth weight, one fit and the other didn't. Position means so much! If this one flips back and is NOT posterior, it's a whole different ball game from last time. Bug did not flip breech, as far as I can tell, but she gave me plenty of discomfort. Don't let discomfort make you think he couldn't fit. It's just part and parcel with pregnancy. ;) Fingers crossed you can get him head down again, and (((hugs))) through your rough day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay another question.  Should I have it confirmed first that he is breech before going to the chiro??  I am pretty sure, but I could just be ... pregnant and freaking out.  I am totally willing to go though.  I found a few in the area that are webster certified.
  • I can't verify this, but I'm pretty sure they would be able to tell...and I think even if they couldn't, it would be beneficial to get there right away anyway so they can get started opening you up.
  • When's your next appointment? Can you get in before then to have someone double-check your baby isn't breech?

DS1 was 8 lbs, 4 oz, and posterior like your daughter. I pushed for 4+ hours, and he didn't come out. DS2 was 10 lbs, 10 oz, and was a successful VBAC. There's a decent amount of women on here bc of malpositioned babies. You can do it - I was so, so, so stressed out my entire pg with DS2, but I am very glad I attempted a VBAC with him, no question. Hang in there!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Next Appointment is this Thursday.  I think I will call tomorrow just to see what OB says about it and then go from there.  I really hope I am wrong.  With all the pregnancy hormones and being at that "this isn't fun anymore" stage, I just am not handling things very well.  I want everything to work out now and every snag on the way is killing me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"