D.C. Area Babies

F/U Regarding Playroom Organization Unit from Costco

BH2720 posted this thread a few weeks ago asking about playroom organization options. vtmezzo commented that Costco had a shelving unit that comes with canvas pull-outs and I was asking her details about it since we are also in the market for a piece like that.

My dad was planning a trip to Costco so I asked him to look for these shelves and email me the details. It's a shelf with 8 cubicles which can stand vertically or horizontally and includes 8 canvas cubes. It's $129.99 at Costco. Below is information and a link to photos. I thought I would share in case this is of use to anyone else. I think we may end up getting this if the measurements will fit correctly in our house.

Bayside Furnishing, O'Nin Room Divider
It is item # 490966 in Costco's inventory.
The price is $129.99.

https://www.baysidefurnishings.com/products/kids/dmrd.html

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: F/U Regarding Playroom Organization Unit from Costco

• Thanks for posting this! We're looking into something similar for our finished basement. Friends of ours had a set from Ikea. They look exactly like the one in your picture (though do the shelves/cubes have backs? I don't think the Ikea ones do).  They do not come with the canvas cubes though. I think they were $69 each?
    Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageislelily:
    Thanks for posting this! We're looking into something similar for our finished basement. Friends of ours had a set from Ikea. They look exactly like the one in your picture (though do the shelves/cubes have backs? I don't think the Ikea ones do).  They do not come with the canvas cubes though. I think they were $69 each?

Yeah, I'm not sure whether it has a back or not. I think for the Ikea ones, they sell them as "room dividers" so the idea is that you can put stuff in from both sides but I'm not sure about whether this one is set up that way too..

The price on these may be a bit more than Ikea but my dad said the quality looks really nice. Anyway, I may try to make a trip out to Costco at some point to check them out myself.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you posted this. I actually went to the Costco in FFX looking for the unit in that thread, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I didn't really know what I was looking for! Now I know what to look for!

Thanks!

• imagevtkendra:

imageislelily:
    Thanks for posting this! We're looking into something similar for our finished basement. Friends of ours had a set from Ikea. They look exactly like the one in your picture (though do the shelves/cubes have backs? I don't think the Ikea ones do).  They do not come with the canvas cubes though. I think they were $69 each?

Yeah, I'm not sure whether it has a back or not. I think for the Ikea ones, they sell them as "room dividers" so the idea is that you can put stuff in from both sides but I'm not sure about whether this one is set up that way too..

The price on these may be a bit more than Ikea but my dad said the quality looks really nice. Anyway, I may try to make a trip out to Costco at some point to check them out myself.

I think I'm going to mention the Costco ones to DH. We have a sofa/chair set from there and love them!
    Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yay! Glad you were able to find it. I looked for it at the Leesburg Costco this past weekend, but it was gone. I guess they must have sold all of the in-store ones.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"