December 2010 Moms
Options

No IUD for me. (Update)

I just called my Dr. office to see what was going on with my Rx for Mirana. Apparently my Dr. doesn't keep it in stock and my INS won't cover the order only the insertion and removal of an in-stock IUD. If I wanted to order it I would have to pony up $800. YIKES!!!

They said I could call around and see if any other doctors had any in stock and try it that way. I went ahead and asked them to call in an Rx for the mini-pill.

WWYD? Just forget about the IUD or call around?

Edit: And they just called back to tell me they called in my mini-pill Rx and to let me know that Paragard is an option because they have that in stock

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No IUD for me. (Update)

• Options
    Ehh, I guess it depends how much you want it.  It's obviously a lot less pain than having to take a pill every day.  Did you consider the Depo shot?  My doc said that was an option at my 6 week pp visit.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would call around if they would cover it that way.

My insurance wouldn't cover any part of it and when I saw the itemized estimate of how much it was going to be OOP ($800 + all procedure costs). I said screw it and got a Rx for BCPs. I still haven't filled them, we're going to go without for a while but there's no way I was going to pay for all of it myself.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelindsayluong12:
    Ehh, I guess it depends how much you want it.  It's obviously a lot less pain than having to take a pill every day.  Did you consider the Depo shot?  My doc said that was an option at my 6 week pp visit.

I can't do the shot. =(

• Options
    I guess I could wait until April when my pap is due and call around then. That way Id get two birds one stone. So freaking annoying
  • Options
    My OB keeps it in stock. It would be worth it to call around at least. 
  • Options
    To make sure I'm understanding this, you're calling around to see if you can purchase it from another practice at a cheaper cost?  Will they do that?
  • Options

imagelilmgirl:
    To make sure I'm understanding this, you're calling around to see if you can purchase it from another practice at a cheaper cost?  Will they do that?

No. I'd call around to see if the practice has it and go to them for the procedure. 

• Options
    I think it would just depend on how much your BC was. When I was using the patch I was paying almost $60 a month for it, so to me $800 might not be that bad if you keep it in longer then a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    imageLovesMM:

imagelilmgirl:

No. I'd call around to see if the practice has it and go to them for the procedure. 

Ah, I see.  That make sense.  How strange though they'll cover the cost if the practice has it in stock.

• Options
    imagelilmgirl:
    imageLovesMM:

imagelilmgirl:

Ah, I see.  That make sense.  How strange though they'll cover the cost if the practice has it in stock.

Yup. Insurance companies always trying for a loop hole.

• Options
    My insurance doesn't cover that either. They will only cover the pill.
  • Options
    imagejessrenee11:
    I think it would just depend on how much your BC was. When I was using the patch I was paying almost $60 a month for it, so to me $800 might not be that bad if you keep it in longer then a year.
    This for me too. The mini pill would cost more over 3 years than the implanon, so I'm going for it, even those I have to pay oop.
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejessrenee11:

This is true. They have a 2 year payment plan of $40 a month. I'm going to try the mini-pill until April/May and then call around. If I can find a dr. that has it in stock I'll do that. If not, we will re-evaluate how much we really want it.

• Options
    800 dollars is a *** ton cheaper than a baby.  I'd call around, but if you're planing on being on BC long term it might be worth the money because the cost of the pill will probably add up over time.
  • Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    800 dollars is a *** ton cheaper than a baby.  I'd call around, but if you're planing on being on BC long term it might be worth the money because the cost of the pill will probably add up over time.

Not with my INS. I've only paid out Maaaaaybe $200. I'm going to call around in March. Until then mini-pill it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"