Houston Babies
Options

Show me your high chair

Looks like we need to find a high chair soon. Anyone have one they love?

Re: Show me your high chair

• Options
    We have a Fisher-Price Space-Saver that straps onto one of our existing chairs and love it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a Gracco one that was give to us free of charge.  I like it because it rolls and at our stage (6 months)  it is nice to put him in it and roll him to the kitchen while I cook or get food ready.  I really like the new version of the Gracco (https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024414) It goes all the way to a chair that sits in your chair!

We have a space saver chair (looks similar to this https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3867646) and it currently sits in the closet.  I think once Kolby is a year old we will move to it (maybe sooner, who knows). 

I like the flexibility of rolling him where I need him.  Example when H is home he sits in the "head of the table" chair.  When he isn't home and it is just me and K, I sit there and feed him.  We will have to rearrange our seating once he goes to the space saver chair.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKNJepp:
    We have a Fisher-Price Space-Saver that straps onto one of our existing chairs and love it. 

This. We love our Space Saver, especially since I didn't have room for an extra piece of furniture.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelilygirl:

imageKNJepp:

This. We love our Space Saver, especially since I didn't have room for an extra piece of furniture.

Another vote for the space saver! 

• Options

We live in a small house and our dinner table is small and the chairs wouldn't go well with a space saver like everyone else has said.

We have a Fisher Price Precious Planet high chair and love it.  DS still uses it and we have it on the lowest setting so he can actually get into it himself. 

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=52523&ncat=thumbnail&pcat=bgh

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    imagereadyforbaby:
    imagelilygirl:

imageKNJepp:

Ditto!

• Options

we love our svan. It has a fairly small footprint, I love that it doesn't scream BABY and matches our table. For a good while now we've had it pulled up to the table without the tray. It wasn't cheap (thank goodness for a lot of gift cards) but it's something Tracey can continue to use as she gets bigger. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2931396

Svan High Chair in Mahogany with Dishwasher Safe Plastic Tray Cover -  Scandinavian Child - Toys"R"Us 

• Options

the Ikea $20 one

its one piece of molded plastic so there are no cracks or crevices for food to get trapped in and it wipes totally clean

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

the Ikea $20 one

its one piece of molded plastic so there are no cracks or crevices for food to get trapped in and it wipes totally clean

I also love the Space Saver, although this one sounds rather tempting for #2! 

• Options
    imagereadyforbaby:
    imagelilygirl:

imageKNJepp:

Same here.

• Options
    We have a space saver we use when we go to friend's houses who do not have kids and a regular Chicco one at home. I am not a fan of the space saver for two reasons 1) loss of a chair in our home and that is a precious commodity since we have guests (ILs, friends) over to eat quite often and our breakfast table only has 4-5 chairs as it is and B) DD pushes off the table and it's not as secure as the big high chair. Just my opinion though - seems everyone else loves their space saver but we're not fans. Our Chicco folds up quickly so we can put it away for parties and such (if we had a big pantry it would fit in there but we have one of those crappy linen closet type pantries).
  • Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

the Ikea $20 one

we started with a regular cosco one, it was ok. But when we switched to the space saver it was a million times easier! I also had one at my parents house that hooked onto the table but it didn't work on most tables. I ended up getting a 2nd space saver for them.

The Ikea one is pretty great too. our new dining chairs won't work with a space saver so I think we'll use that one with the next kid.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagealmond1123:
    imagereadyforbaby:
    imagelilygirl:

imageKNJepp:

Same here.

Yup. I love the space saver and I've never had an issue with it being unsteady. It's really easy to take off and put back on if we need the chair, or when we need to clean the chair. It's pretty neutral (as far as baby stuff goes) and baby #2 will be using it too.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a Chicco.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3687545

I have a big boy so I needed something sturdy. I looked at all the other high chair legs and they all seemed flimsy. I am becoming a bit of a Chicco whore though, but I really like their products and they are well built for the price. As far as being a space saver, it folds up pretty flat, but I have nothing to compare it to. I would go to BRU and mess around with a few and see which one you like.

• Options

imageKNJepp:

Yet another vote for this one! And since we skipped the infant seat completely, we used it to go to restaurants from the time she was tiny since it reclines so far.

If we had the money, I'd love a Stokke Tripp Trapp. I also really like the Svan. 

imageimage

• Options

We have the Chicco Polly High Chair.  I like that the tray is easy to manuever with one hand.  I like the neutral-ness.  I like that there are 2 trays to switch out on top, so we can rotate a clean one in.  At first, i was annoyed that the trays did not fit into the dishwasher, but we don't run our DW everyday, so it's not like we wouldn't have to hand wash them, anyway.  They are very easy to handwash - only takes a minute and fits in the sink, fine.  We have the cloth seats, which i was annoyed when food would get stuck on the seat, and the directions say "spot clean only", but I looked at online reviews, and ppl were putting the cover in the washer, so I started to, too.  I just put it on low agitate, and hang to dry - it comes out great!

We also have a Rainforest Booster.  I like it, but we use that more for travel and bring to other ppl's houses.  I like the larger tray on our HC b/c DS tends to make a mess.  The tray on the booster is super small.  Or if we put him to the table, the table is a mess.  It's easier to just pop off the tray of the HC and handwash in the sink than to  clean the table (and floor!).

• Options

I'm the odd man out and hated our fisher price space saver.  the tray was always so hard to get on, especially one handed.  maybe ours just was defective... it was just sooooo plasticy cheap feeling.

we have the graco 4 in 1 blossom now and i like it much better. 

for restaurants/other people's houses, we have the chicco hook on chair and LOVE it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"