Attachment Parenting
Options

BWCC help

Ok, I attempted this the other day.  DH was watching on skype and laughing at me.  I did the hip scoot (I think that is what it is called) to get her on there.  Scooted her up high, but by the time I got done she had slid really far down.  And I can't seem to keep her arms in the rails.  Is there a trick I'm missing to this or does it just take more practice?  I guess I need to watch some more videos, so if anyone has any suggestions for those that would be great Big Smile

Re: BWCC help

• Options

Your LO is old enough to have her arms out if she would like too, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

When you did your BWCC did you tie a chest belt? 

To be honest, I HATE the bwcc.  It's just not a good carry for me and Grace doesn't like it either.  I much prefer a double hammock.

ETA:  Also, I find a superman toss much more effective than a hip scoot because I can place her high on my back to start off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ohh Ok good to know about the arms out.  I kept trying to reach back and stick them in there, but it wasn't working. 

I'm guessing no to the chest belt.  I had it tied around my belly, is that wrong?

Ok I'll look into the double hammock then.  I figured since I usually do a FWCC a BWCC would be an easy transition to back carries.  But I'm such a novice at this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You do the chest belt at the beginning of the BWCC process. 

This video shows the chest belt.

This is one of my fav. DH videos, done by ncbelle!

Ncbelle's video.

I also like this one

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    imagekwinters87:

Your LO is old enough to have her arms out if she would like too, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

When you did your BWCC did you tie a chest belt? 

To be honest, I HATE the bwcc.  It's just not a good carry for me and Grace doesn't like it either.  I much prefer a double hammock.

ETA:  Also, I find a superman toss much more effective than a hip scoot because I can place her high on my back to start off.

I agree. I use the superman toss and start her out waaaay high because by the time I'm done she slides down quite a bit.  

• Options
    Thanks Ladies!  I got her in a DH and I actually felt like she was very secure, much easier than the BWCC.  I think I need to get her a little higher and her knees up a little higher.  They should be above her butt right? 
  • Options
    Yes. Always try to get her knees higher than her bum :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"