School-Aged Children

need help for DD's Bday gift!

Okay, so we just had Christmas...and I am stumped on what to get both of my girls for their Bdays, which are both in Feb. But more confused about what to get my almost 9 year old DD. She said she wants a puppy!!! And I just had to be straight up and tell her it ain't happnen! So I asked her if she would want a fake puppy, she didn't find that to amusing! I have no clue what to get, any suggestions??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: need help for DD's Bday gift!

• My 10 y/o's favorite gifts were books (Percy Jackson series), gift card for sewing lessons (at Jo-Ann's), silly earrings from Claires, Nintendo DS plus accessories and assorted games (especially the pet ones).

• What about some small gifts and then just a mom and daughter day out?  Maybe lunch and then a movie she gets to pick or something similar. Maybe let her pick the restaurant and movie. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageDandelionMom:

My 10 y/o's favorite gifts were books (Percy Jackson series), gift card for sewing lessons (at Jo-Ann's), silly earrings from Claires, Nintendo DS plus accessories and assorted games (especially the pet ones).

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} Check for some good online shopping stores. They have a variety of items on sale. You can get something musical if she enjoys music or see for some puzzles if she likes rattling her brains. Check ample suggestions and toys available at aBaby.com. they are unique and good.
  • So funny that you offered her a fake puppy! 

My daughter turned 9 before Christmas. I'm thinking of all the things she wanted... and what she got for both birthday and Christmas. If I list them all, maybe a few will sound right for your daughter.

For her birthday, she wanted to redo her bedroom. She loves animals. We have several big, realistic looking stuffed animals. I thought we'd go for a jungle theme. However, she said she wanted a wolf theme. That was a little different... b/c you can't really buy a bedding set with wolves. We bought a big wolf stuffed animal, a small coyote, a husky and a sleeping bag on amazon. I bought several posters of wolves (3), a baby leopard (1) and a mama giraffe kissing her baby (1). Maybe you could do something similar, but with a puppy/dog theme.

We got her ears pierced. We gave her a DSi, Xbox + Kinnect w/ Adventures and Dance, some boots, clothes and a science kit.

Nice to see Carencro, LA under your name. I grew up in La outside of NOLA.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • My daughter talks about having a puppy, she is only 7 and won't be 8 until July. She also talks about having chickens (we live in an apartment), so my DH and I comprimised (without telling her) and got her some goldfish. They are fairly inexpensive and maybe you can tell her she can work up to a puppy (don't set a time limit?) and make sure she can take care of fish, cleaning the tank, feeding them daily, etc. Its a far cry from a puppy but my daughter took to the fish really well, thank goodness. Good luck!
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"