Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Little red bumps along side of head?

Two days ago I noticed these little red bumps along LO's right side of her head.  What could they be?  I don't think its baby acne, it looks more like a rash to me.  Should I call the ped or put something special on it or will it just go away?  There seemed to be more red bumps this morning :(
imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Little red bumps along side of head?

• Options
     Could it be a rash from something you have on like perfume or laundry detergent that is rubbing on her face?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • Options
    Does your LO sleep on that side of their face?  It may be heat rash.. or if they drool it could be from that too... it could be anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has the same thing on the side she sleeps the most on.  I think its from drool, spit up, or just heat.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options

Honestly, the first thing I thought was heat rash.  I did wear perfume the other day for the first time since her birth, so that might be it too.

Will it go away on its own?

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It should go away on its own.  A lot of times young babies are just adjusting to the switch from a water-filled environment to being exposed to air!  I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine also has them and at times it seems much worse. The pedi said it was baby acne and not to worry.
  • Options
    Both of my girls had something similar.  Aquaphor makes a baby soap that helped a lot.  GL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We had this too for several of days, but it's starting to fade again this morning. I still don't know what caused it, exactly, but here are some things we tried:

Being more diligent about wiping L's face; she's been a little drooly and mouthing her hands lately, so I made sure I had a clean warm washcloth on hand to wipe her as soon as she started to get drooly.

Stopped using hats and blankets near her face that were fleece or other less-breathable fabric, and switched to only cotton for the time being.

Made H put a shirt on if she was falling asleep on his chest!

Don't know what it was that did it, maybe it wasn't related at all. But good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"