Trouble TTC
Options

Ladies that have done medicated IUI cycles please come in...

I am on CD 1 of a medicated Femara/IUI cycle.  I called my nurse to tell her I was on CD 1 expecting to go in for a baseline ultrasound with in the next few days.  When I called she told me that I would not be coming in until 12th day of my cycle.  So my ? to you is have you ever had a medicated IUI cycle that they did not have you come in for an ultrasound until the one right b4 you ovulate or do the trigger?

My thinking for this is that I responded well to the Clomid on my 2 other medicated cycles and they do not see a reason to have me come in for 2 ultrasounds just the one.  Could I be right? 

Now don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy not to have to come in twice because I would like to keep my $50.00 co-pay.  HEHE 

TIA!

Re: Ladies that have done medicated IUI cycles please come in...

• Options
    My understanding is that if your previous cycle was unmedicated the risk of cysts is much lower so they might skip the baseline u/s. GL this cycle!
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options

image**Papps**:
    Nope. I go in on cd3 (or sometimes cd2) for u/s and b/w. I would be nervous not to because if your levels are off, or if you have a cyst, that could be bad news. Can you not request one?

Ditto Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No, my RE has me come in the first few days (this last one was CD5 because of the weekend).  Papps is right, I think it's because they want to check for cysts and baseline hormone levels before they start you on another cycle of meds.

• Options
    image**Papps**:

Nope. I go in on cd3 (or sometimes cd2) for u/s and b/w. I would be nervous not to because if your levels are off, or if you have a cyst, that could be bad news. Can you not request one?

ETA- Good luck though!!!!

This :)

• Options

imageblueberries8:
    My understanding is that if your previous cycle was unmedicated the risk of cysts is much lower so they might skip the baseline u/s. GL this cycle!

I haven't been on a medicated cycle in over a year.  So this must be why no baseline.  We are dealing with MFI and nothing on my part so I am assuming this is why she did not want a baseline. 

Thanks!!

• Options
    For my first two IUIs, I did not go in for CD3 monitoring, just for CD12 and CD14.  After reading on this board, however, how many women are getting monitored on CD3, I made an appointment for this past cycle and found that I had developed really minor cysts from all of the Clomid.  Anyway, I have definitely heard of both protocols, but if you are doing several consecutive cycles, it may be worthwhile to be monitored for cysts.  GL!
    imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Options
    image**Papps**:

ETA- Good luck though!!!!

I called and asked why no baseline.  My nurse said my file says since I have been au-natural for over a year and with the previous medicated cycles being so of the norm and that we are dealing with MFI no baseline was requested from my RE.  I have never done bloodwork on the day of a baseline either. The last blood work I did was CD3 of the last cycle which was to check a few levels and my Ovarian Reserve which hadn't been checked yet.  Now she said if I do another medicated cycle next month I would for sure come in for a baseline.   

• Options

With my first IUI, I didn't go in until day 12. With second and with next one, I will be going in for a baseline on day 3, because I have a history of cysts.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLGLDVM:
    My doctor is weird. I have never gone in for a baseline u/s or bw and I have had a lot of medicated cycles.  I don't know if it's because I haven't responded well in the past to the meds so there wasn't really much risk of cysts or what, but it's weird.

Im not too concerned since I have been au-natural since Dec 2009.  I trust my DR's judgement and its not like we are going in to the IUI blind, I will be going in for an ultrasound on CD12. 

• Options

For my first round of clomid I went in for baseline u/s on CD 3, then a follow up on CD 12 and then had TI

On our last round that was w/Fermara, I did not go in for CD3 but went in on CD 11 or 12 and then did the trigger shot.

This current cycle I am on injectables. I went in for a CD3 u/s and I am going in a few hrs for a follie check (I am on CD 9).

Every RE's office is different and look at it this way: at least you are getting monitored so they know how you are responding.

Good luck!

• Options

It's neat to see how different each experience is.  When I was on Femara, I had to come in and have b/w done and an u/s.  I couldn't start taking the Femara until they called to tell me it was okay.  They do a pregnancy test at my RE's office because of the chance of birth defects while taking it if you are already pregnant.

But hey, you called and they explained it to you, so it sounds like you should be good to go.  Good luck!

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

imagepeppersnic:

I called and asked why no baseline.  My nurse said my file says since I have been au-natural for over a year and with the previous medicated cycles being so of the norm and that we are dealing with MFI no baseline was requested from my RE.  I have never done bloodwork on the day of a baseline either. The last blood work I did was CD3 of the last cycle which was to check a few levels and my Ovarian Reserve which hadn't been checked yet.  Now she said if I do another medicated cycle next month I would for sure come in for a baseline.   

That makes sense :)  Again, good luck!

Thank you!!Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"