Alabama Babies
Options

Developmental emails

I have never had any reason to be concerned about LOs development.  She smiles, laughs, "talks", rolls over and she is sitting while propping herself up. 

This morning I get one of the developmental emails that tells me that many babies are sitting unassisted and crawling at this point.  To be honest, I didn't even think it was time for her to be crawling yet.  She's not quite six months old.  

The emails make me a little worried.  Now I feel like my baby is behind.  Our pedi has never expressed any concern over her development and I've never worried until now.  Please tell me that I'm overreacting and that all babies should not be crawling at this point.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: Developmental emails

• Options

DS was sitting unassisted by then but didn't crawl until almost 8 months...then walked before 10 months!  I worry, too, especially about talking, but my pedi said there is nothing to worry about. 

I went to a bday party a few weeks ago, and there were 3 babies around DS' age.  They were all wildly different in the development.  Try not to worry!

• Options

Those emails do have a way of making someone worry... just last week I got one that concerned me a little.  Afterwards I was like "DD should be making more consonant sounds... we're not reading to her enough" but of course there was nothing to worry about because she started a new sound, "bababa," a few days later.

It's my understanding that 6 months is early for crawling, and my DD is almost 8 months and only army crawling backwards and rocking on her knees at this point.

I always thought the first year milestones were: +/- 6 months for sitting up, +/- 9 months for crawling and a yearish for walking. 

Sounds like your baby is right on track (plus don't forget your pediatrician isn't worried) and don't let that email bother you :)

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
    BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
    BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is just a little older than yours and he is not crawling or sitting unassisted either. I've been told by his daycare teachers that shortly after he moves into the next room he will see the other kids crawling and sitting and he will start but I'm not worried. We saw the Pedi on Friday and she said he was doing fine developmentally. Plus, it's nice right now being able to leave the room for a few secs and not worry about LO crawling and getting into something. Wink
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD started sitting up unassisted completely on her own the week she turned 6 months old.  She started crawling a month later at 7 months.  I definitely would not be worried...I think it is a little early for C.

Also, remember that not all babies crawl.  My parents said that I never crawled, but went straight to walking instead.  The same was true for my BFF baby girl.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Options

J didn't crawl until 8.5 months, then pulled up 2 weeks after that.  He didn't walk until 11-12 months.  He was sitting up at her age, though, just was content to not move around yet.  She is fine! :)

I know the worry, though.  It's always there!

ETA:  There have been several emails I have freaked out on bc J wasn't doing every single thing on the list.  I usually have to step back and calm down.

• Options

I understand the worry, but you have to remember all babies are different.  A was sitting up at 5 months unassisted but she didn't crawl until 10 months, then she pulled up within a couple of weeks of that, then cruised, then we hit a standstill until the last two weeks. 

Don't worry she's fine :)  The pedi would definitely let you know if there was reason to be concerned.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"