Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Ergobaby Standard vs. Ergobaby Sport vs. Bjorn

I'm working on my registry and trying to decide on the baby carrier.  I like the reviews of the Ergobaby carriers being easy on your back, but not sure about the differences or benefits of the Standard carrier vs. the sport??  Also, I'm worried my baby will prefer to face-out like in the Bjorn carriers.  Thanks in advance for your opinions/recommendations!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ergobaby Standard vs. Ergobaby Sport vs. Bjorn

• Options

For a carrier that faces out and is more comfortable/safer for LO than the Bjorn, you should look into the Beco Gemini.

The Ergo Sport has longer shoulder straps and a larger waist buckle.  The fabric is also more breathable.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love my organic ergo with infant insert, but wish I would have gotten the sport.  Mine gets pretty toasty, at least with the insert.  I think I'd prefer the more breathable fabric.  I have never tried the bjorn, so I can't compare the two.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is my debate as well! 

I have used a Bjorn w/ friends' kids & was just able to borrow a Ergo to try out -- I found the Ergo to be more comfortable but harder to put on IMO.  I used the Sport version & if I register for one, I'd get that one due to breathable fabric/etc.  w/ the Bjorn the 7 mo. old seemed front-heavy vs the way the Ergo positions the baby up against you chest to chest so weight more distributed.  I too wonder if the baby wouldn't like the no facing out as the little one I used to "model" the Ergo didn't care for it at first - however he's a Bjorn baby so wondering if they just get used to what they know...he did fall asleep on the walk & seemed very content! Think I am leaning towards the Ergo though they are more expensive.  Anyway that's my 2 cents!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"