Parenting after 35
Options

WW fail

This weekend I went to my first meeting. I had planned on doing the online/meeting option which is a bit expensive but I figure as a newbie I need a lot of help.

I hauled my as$ to the Saturday 9am meeting and it is filled with people 70+. The meeting has started so I worked with a lady in the back about signing up. She had never heard of the online & meeting option so I was trying to explain it to her. She was hard of hearing and kept asking me to speak up.  After a few minutes of this the leader in the front asked me to lower my voice because I was too loud.

I decided to cut my losses and leave and see if there is a better time to go.  

I did however sign up online this morning and realized not only am I eating poorly (I knew that) but I eat way too much food.  This should be fun!!!

Re: WW fail

• Options

WOW, 70 people?  I am doing the meetings/online.  I go at lunch on Thurs.  I tried Sat for a few meetings but my girls are getting to busy on Sat for me to go.

I have found that I am making better food choices for my whole family.  I have to get back into the swing of things with the new program to get my extra weight off by summer. 

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yea, portion sizes were the real shocker for me too. It's amazing how much mindless eating goes on in our daily lives.

IMO, meetings are over rated. I can understand the commeraderie (sp?) and the accountability but, you can get there elsewhere too if you really need it. I found the meetings to be somewhat annoying. Don't let that deter you.

Really, all the tools you need are online.

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow 70 people!?!?!?  That is too many in my opinion.  I did WW a few years ago at my work and we had about 20 people. I thought was just the right amount.  I think it is time for me and DH to sign up ourselves. Bu this time I'll need to do it online. 

We really need to start making better choices and getting our portion sizes in control.

But good for you for still signing up! I'm glad to large meeting didn't deter you.

• Options
    imageM.Amy:

is filled with people 70+.

Sorry - I meant they were 70+ years old. :)

• Options

That was how I took it, and was wondering why people that old are doing WW? Isn't there a point where you say screw it and eat whatever you want?

• Options
    imagesnwfields:

That was how I took it, and was wondering why people that old are doing WW? Isn't there a point where you say screw it and eat whatever you want?

This!

• Options

When I do WW, I HAVE to go to meetings...otherwise I find ways to talk myself out of staying on track...like "well I had a bad day...I'll give myself one more day and then weigh in"...and before you know it 2 weeks have passed and I'll just quit.  I also think the weighing in and the ritual of starting fresh every week play a role too in being successful.

I think though that if you're not happy with the group or the leader, its hard to keep going back.  

I would suggest going to a couple different meeting times/locations to see if there are groups/leaders that you connect with better. 

Try not to get discouraged! 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Heh, I'll bet that's an AWESOME group for the elderly and technophobic, though.  "Why should I tell that newfangled contraption what I'm eating?  It's none of its gol-dang bidness!"

:) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"