Single Parents
Options

How was everyone's weekend?

The weekends always seem like they go too quickly...and then Monday morning is a major bummer. 

Anyone do anything exciting?

I met up with a fellow bumpie who was visiting from Iowa.  It was really fun: we took the two boys to the park (they are within a month of eachother) and then we went to lunch.  P was suprisingly cooperative at the restaurant because he had the other little guy to keep him entertained.  He was definitely pooped out Saturday night from all of his playing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How was everyone's weekend?

• Options
    Mine was pretty boring. I took DS to the park Friday to feed the geese and to play on some of the toys. He about gave me a heart attack once though when he decided to take off in the opposite direction towards the water that was only about 10 feet away. I ended up getting him before he came very close, but he tripped and fell in goose poop. Yeah...it was gross. Then I bartended that night and made $112! That was the most excitement though. Saturday DS and I just played at home and watched a movie, then Sunday we went to my parents house to watch the Pro Bowl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree, it does go by too quickly!  Nothing too exciting though.  My mom did take my shopping to get some baby items which was nice.  I feel like I can check more things off my "list".  Went to a Pro-Bowl party Sunday night.  Can't wait for the Super Bowl next week (even though none of my teams are playing)!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I took the kids to the zoo.  XH met us up there because he has been so busy, ahem "working", that he hasn't seen the kids as much lately.  I am so proud of myself that I can spend the day with him and feel nothing, I mean nothing toward him.  There is no more hate, dislike, remorse, hurt feelings, ect.  He was nothing more than someone to help me with the kids.  Him being there meant  I could go to the bathroom by myself, that's it.  The kiddos and I have a family pass, so we can go anytime.  I hung back and let him check out the animals since he hadn't been since he was a kid.  Zoo Atlanta is really budget friendly because it's free to park and you can bring in your own food and drinks.  I packed a lunch/drinks and spent nothing more than gas to get there, but we had a fun day. 

• Options

I went on a snowmobiling trip from last Thurs to last night and it was great though there was no running water (which meant no showers for 3 days) and an outhouse to go to the bathroom.....though the last day I found out my good friends brother had died in a snowmobiling accident (small world here).....just 15 minutes from where we were all at. After I found out what happened, it just made the whole trip....I can't even describe it. I have no words to say on how I'm feeling.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options

We had a playdate Saturday afternoon. It was also a Kelly's Kids party, so I ordered the girls a super cute dress for this Spring/Summer.

Their dad picked them up around 5, and E and I went to dinner with two of my girlfriends. We went to see a late showing of Black Swan. I went out to lunch by myself Sunday, did some shopping, and then E helped me do some stuff around my house.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    Brody was with his dad, so I had some much needed "me" time. I was able to sleep in both days, and got a lot of errands/deep cleaning done. I loved having some time to myself, but I also missed Brody tons. I was so happy to see him on Sunday afternoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My night out on Saturday didn't work out since my mom has had bad sciatica all week and couldn't watch the girls - so we just stayed in, and went on the occasional shopping outing.  Weather here was absolutely gorgeous on Friday and Saturday, but yesterday it turned cold again and today it's icy and supposed to snow 4-6 inches!
  • Options
    imagefauxshelley:

I took the kids to the zoo.  XH met us up there because he has been so busy, ahem "working", that he hasn't seen the kids as much lately.  I am so proud of myself that I can spend the day with him and feel nothing, I mean nothing toward him.  There is no more hate, dislike, remorse, hurt feelings, ect.  He was nothing more than someone to help me with the kids.  Him being there meant  I could go to the bathroom by myself, that's it.  The kiddos and I have a family pass, so we can go anytime.  I hung back and let him check out the animals since he hadn't been since he was a kid.  Zoo Atlanta is really budget friendly because it's free to park and you can bring in your own food and drinks.  I packed a lunch/drinks and spent nothing more than gas to get there, but we had a fun day. 

Can I ask how long it has been since things ended between you guys? (This is giving me hope.)

• Options

We split up in Feb 2009 and divorced in July 2009. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"