Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How did you tell

How did you tell DH/SO you were pregnant?  What was his reaction?

I took a test while DH was golfing one day...When he got home I had the test and a onesie that said "Wishes do come true" laying on his side of the bed.  He thought it was a joke cause we had gotten so many BFN's!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did you tell

• Options
    I bought him an ice cream cake that said "congrats daddy". He was more excited about me not being depressed anymore than actually having a baby. (I was a bit of a loser while TTC) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejeffsbride2010:
    I bought him an ice cream cake that said "congrats daddy". He was more excited about me not being depressed anymore than actually having a baby. (I was a bit of a loser while TTC) 

Me too!! I really hope it is easier next time around!! That is what my life revolved around...and I regret being like that now!! looking back..I was kind of a nut bag!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePunkyBooster:

Oh My gosh!! that is the cutest thing ever!! lol I'm jealous I didn't think of it!

• Options

I took the test on April 1st, came out and said "OMG it is positive".  He said haha April Fools, you're not going to get me.  I handed him the test.  He said you can buy fake tests online.  It wasn't until I poured the rest of my wine into his glass that he believed me. 

It took 14 months of ttc so he was use to BFNs.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I ran over to his side of the bed, turned on the light and yelled, "DO YOU SEE A LINE?!"  I'm not very creative and I needed instant validation.  It was an internet cheapie and super faint.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took a picture of the test with my cell phone and sent that too my fiance and said it finally happened were getting what we always wanted. He was confused and called me and i had to explain it a little better but he was very excited.
  • Options
    Everybody is so creative, DH got home from work and I said, "Go look in the bathroom" and the test was sitting on the sink! We had been trying for 3 years (PCOS) and I think I was in shock!
  • Options

I wasn't quite as creative...

My AF was really irregular so I took tests every few months just to be sure I wasn't pregnant when I missed a period. I always told him when I got them, and I told him the results .

This time after I took the test, I went out to him in the livingroom and said " you know how there's usually 1 little pink line? well.. now there's 2..." and he just kinda stared at me.. and he's like.. I think I need another coffee to process this... We were both in shock.

• Options
    I went and woke his a$$ up! He just blinked, said "Oh... good." and went back to sleep. : I had to wake him up again and make sure he understood what I said, then it sank in.
  • Options
    dh was working the evening shift that day so he wasnt getting home til midnight.  i left him a note in the kitchen that said to wake me up because i had a gift for him.  so he woke me up and i gave him a small gift bag that had the positive pregnancy test in it.  he took it out and was like "what is this?"  and then hes like "really?!"  and yup, he was pretty happy!
  • Options
    We were on a cruise so I just came out of the bathroom and told him. I did the whole sweet/cute thing the first time around and ended up having a m.c. so I was a little jaded.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Options

These are all SO cute... reading them gave me goosebumps! I hope the next time around we have a moment like that.

My LO wasn't planned. I was on the pill... I took it religiously. I still don't know how I got pregnant, my OB said the pill just doesn't work for some people, but it's rare. I had been on the same one for 4 years, so idk how that happened. I wasn't on an antibiotic :-/ But DH was conceived after his Dad has a vasectomy. So we just joke and say strong swimmers are in the family.

Anyway, I was a couple days late and I kept telling DH it was stressing me out. Everytime I said "I feel kind of sick"  or even "I'm tired." He'd be like "It's because you're pregnant!" ... He was stressing more than I was. We had friends over for dinner, and I went upstairs to use the bathroom, and I had bought a couple tests, but planned to take them in the morning. I thought, "Eh, I'll just take one to ease my mind for the rest of the night." So I took one and it was positive. I screamed, almost stumbled down the stairs, burst into the kitchen, waving the test, saying "P-p-aaaah...Positive!" I literally couldn't form a sentence. My friends were like "Um... should we go?"

The first few days I was nervous, anxious, kind of upset... I was in my 3rd year of college, and have always been a "5 year plan" kind of girl, so I just had to readjust my 5 year plan :) I look at LO and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me... I wish I would have known that night, it would have made for a sweeter story, lol.

• Options

With DD#1, my DH told me I was preggo. lol We were working in the States for the summer and every evening that we went into the nearby town, I'd ask to go to a specific Italian restaurant for their mozza sticks. :o) After about the 5th time in a row, he drove to the Kmart in the same shopping plaza told me to "get out and go buy a pregnancy test." I looked at him and said, "You're crazy! I'm not pregnant!", my cycles were a little irregular and I'd only been off the pill for about 6 months; but I bought one anyway and took it a few mornings later...sure enough, it was positive! I woke him up and told him the test was positive and he said OK then rolled over and went back to sleep! lol

With DD#2, we were just waiting for the BFP. We had already had 2 m/c and were really hoping every month for the BFP. When we got it in late Feb last year, we sat on the news with the hope that this time around the pregnancy would stick. At 3 months, we finally started telling people. It was a very stressful first 3 months - then the horrific morning (all-day) sickness started, but that's a story for another post! lol

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I shoved the test in his face and asked him if he saw the other line because I couldnt believe my eyes.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagePunkyBooster:
    I love this! :o) So creative. I may steal it should we go for Baby #3. lol
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    We had just started trying at the start of February so when my VERY regular period was late in March, we suspected that I was preg. DH went away on a business trip and when he got home, I took a test. It was negative, but I knew something was up, cause I never miss a period (and I wasn't on BCP). We even went to the DR and their test was negative too. I was like WTF? So we waited another week to take another test. By that point I was 3 weeks late for my period, with sore boobs and I was 1000 degrees (and I am always cold). We propped the camera on the dresser, pressed "record" and taped ourselves reading the second test. I brought it out of the bathroom without looking at it, and on the count of three we looked at it together. We were sooo happy and we got it all on film! We drove from NC to NY to tell his parents in person, and from NC to SC to tell my parents in person. We made them all shirts that said "worlds greatest grandma, grandpa, etc". They were all very surprised! Best part was telling my brother. He was deployed to Pakistan at the time, so we had to Skype with him. We told him that we bought him a t-shirt at a garage sale (the worlds greatest uncle shirt) and when we held it up for him to see, he was like "that's cool, I can wear that when- WAIT, YOU"RE PREGNANT?!?!" Priceless!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"