Cincinnati Babies

Where to go to get fitted for a bra?

Sorry for being a PW this morning, but DS is napping and I have some free time.

Any recommendations on where to go in the area for a bra fitting?

Now that I am completely dried up, I have no bras that fit, they are all too big around and in the cup. I think I am overdue for a few new bras. I am tired of wearing sports bras.

Thanks for any suggestions! Smile

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

Re: Where to go to get fitted for a bra?

• Nordstrom, particularly if you are, er, ample. ;-)
    image Ready to rumble.
  • VS does this... but I would never spend 30 bucks on a bra... I got to target :) They are just as nice and last just as long...

I'm a tight wad :)

• Loading the player...
  • Nordstroms or Knickers.  Victoria's Secret does not measure correctly.  My SIL used to work at VS for several years and learned she'd been taught wrong when she was properly fitted at Knickers for her wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKristenBtobe:
    Nordstrom, particularly if you are, er, ample. ;-)

That I am not. Stick out tongue I *might* be a B again. It's hard to tell though with these pancakes on my chest.

• I second Nordstrom.  You may have to spend some $$ but I've learned over the years that it is definitely worth it to have a bra that fits and fits well.  Plus, you can always take the info they give you and shop sales elsewhere...like Nordstrom Rack.

Also, Dillard's in Kenwood does fittings.  And when I was last there (which was a while ago) the manager told me that Candice (from Candice's Boutique...my very favorite bra place that closed Sad) works there now.  So it seems that they have some pretty knowledgeable people on staff to help with fittings.  They have pretty good sales too.

• imagenotguilty:
    Victoria's Secret does not measure correctly.  My SIL used to work at VS for several years and learned she'd been taught wrong when she was properly fitted at Knickers for her wedding.

THANK YOU for confirming what I always believed!!

• Nordstrom!  They are just really awesome there and will help work miracles.   =)  

Knickers is a great place, too. Any sort of local speciality bra shop should be good.

I also agree with staying away from VS. 

• Seriously. A good bra is such a good investment. Having the girls in the right place makes all your clothes look better.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Last time I was fitted for a Bra I went to Dillard's and I went from wearing a 34C to a 32 DD, the difference it made was unbelievable.  Unfortunately it is next to impossible to buy a cheap bra in that size but fortunately for me I have been pregnant and nursing for the past 3 years and won't be done for at least another 2 years, yay me LOL!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • I have had amazing service at Dillard's in Kenwood.  I wore the wrong size for years and was a little afraid of getting measured.  Lane Bryant told me I was an I (that girl was clueless, VS hasn't made my size since middle school).  Dillard's has been awesome- the measure and make suggestions that aren't outrageous.  Last time, I found bras for $26/each that I love.  I was a G pre-pregnancy, so having some selection that isn't in the $60-$100 range was great.  Their selection is even better for the under DDD range.  Have fun!
  • So how much would I be shelling out for a good bra at Nordstrom?  Doesn't seem right to have to pay a ton since I could probably go without one altogether! Stick out tongue
  • imageMiller238:
    So how much would I be shelling out for a good bra at Nordstrom?  Doesn't seem right to have to pay a ton since I could probably go without one altogether! Stick out tongue

I think mine ranged $50 - $75/each.  And then I found a couple at the Rack (after someone posted here that they had some deals going!) for $25/each.

• I have heard good things about this place-it's in Alexandria.

https://www.braspecialties.com

• I've had good luck at Dillard's in Eastgate and plan on going back there next week when I'm done EPing!
  • imageMiller238:
    So how much would I be shelling out for a good bra at Nordstrom?  Doesn't seem right to have to pay a ton since I could probably go without one altogether! Stick out tongue

I know the feeling. I could probably go without one some days!

• I've had good luck at Dillard's (Eastgate) lately.  I miss Candice's Crying

Anyway, be prepared to shell out some bucks, but it's seriously worth it to have your girls *uplifted.*

• I always go to Victoria Secrets to get fitted.  Then buy my bras everywhere:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"