Stay at Home Moms

So DS was sick last night.

He had a fever all that afternoon of 101.5. He was so cranky and wanted to stay on the sofa under a blanket. He was exposed to strep throat last weekend. My mother was visiting us and was feeling a little off. She went home that night and got violently ill with strep. This morning, DS woke up fine. No fever. He was running around and even ate some breakfast. At around 9am, he started to get REALLY  cranky (like last night) again and wanted to take a nap. I've heard strep presents differently in babies. I'm debating on whether to call the pedi, or wait and see how he is today. We are in Massachusetts and are getting yet another blizzard tomorrrow and I'm nervous about being snowed in and needing to take DS to the dr. Thoughts? Anyone have a LO that had strep?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So DS was sick last night.

• My LO's have never had strep, but I would call the pedi and have them call you back and see what they think.  I don't think a strep test would hurt.  Being snowed in with a sick baby wouldn't be too good, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My girls haven't had strep but I'd go today rather than wait, especially with the snow tomorrow.  How is he eating?  Any fever?

And just out of curiosity- what does "stay on the soda under a blanket" mean? 

• Loading the player...
  • imageEnglishMajor03:

My girls haven't had strep but I'd go today rather than wait, especially with the snow tomorrow.  How is he eating?  Any fever?

And just out of curiosity- what does "stay on the soda under a blanket" mean? 

hahahaha sorry typo! Stay on the SOFA. I'm lauging so hard at this right now. I'll edit!

He isn't eating anything but yogurt. He had a couple bites of cereal this morning when he seemed better, but only wanted yogurt for a snack. He doesn't seem to have a fever this morning, but had one yesterday of 101.5

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• One of my girls had strep a few months ago and I thought it was a stomach virus. she had fever, no appetite and even threw up. Since then, the girls have had a few fevery virus things going on that lasted a few days but didnt turn out to be strep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"