Working Moms
Options

Any tips for dealing with this?

Over the past 2wks or so, DS has shifted from a 7:30-8:30 bedtime to a 6:15 to 6:30pm bedtime. He no longer takes a late afternoon nap when I pick him up from daycare, so he's definitely ready for sleep this early. The issue is DH works until 6pm, and gets home around 6:20 most nights, if he doesn't have a last-minute client. DH gets to see DS for maybe 15min in the morning, and now it looks like DS will probably be going right to bed or sleeping when DH gets home. DH said that he anticipated it and has accepted this, but I'm having a hard time with the fact that he won't get to spend much time at all with DS over the week. I know DS absolutely needs his sleep more than anything, but it just hurts more than I expected. If your LO needed an early bedtime how long did that last, and do you have any suggestions for becoming more comfortable with the fact that we won't have family evenings during the week for a while?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any tips for dealing with this?

• Options

"for awhile" could be longer than you think.... just a warning. ;)  DS is 2 and he's going to bed by 6:30 or 7 still! 

My advice as for your DH is for him to be involved in or even just do the bedtime routine himself so that he gets that time w/ DS.  My DH works a weird schedule and sometimes that is his only time w/ DS - bedtime.  But I figure 10 - 15 mins of good one on one time is better than none. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

Unfortunately that's a pretty normal bedtime. Ours have been going to bed around 6:30 for months.  A lot of moms have mentioned that their kids actually sleep better when they go to bed earlier as well, so thats one positive thing going for it if you needed better sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it possible for DH to get up earlier in the morning to spend a little more time with LO? Every other day, my DH doesn't have to be at work until 11 am. He still gets up at 6:00 with me, and helps me bathe, dress, and feed DS.  He doesn't see DS at all in the evenings on those days, because he doesn't get home until 8:30.
  • Options
    DS still starts to go to bed around 6:30-7.  DD goes to bed by 7:30.  So for a while.  It is totally normal and your DH is wise to realize that unfortunately, he's going to have to take a back seat to DS's sleep needs for a while.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Aww, that's gotta be hard for daddy. Can he go in later in the mornings to have some time with LO before he goes to daycare?

IKWYM... Our DD goes to bed at 7:00 (maybe 7:30) and I don't get home from work until 5:00 so it is tough. I hate not seeing her as much as I want.

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"