Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Tell me I'm freaking out....

My left breast has had a little pain kind of on the edge that meets my side. I am freaking out that something is wrong with me. DH says he can't feel any kind of lump there. I honestly don't either. Just this area that is slightly painful...probably more of a discomfort than anything. It is the breast that DS lays on for 45 minutes each day before nap. DH thinks it's a swollen lymph node which freaks me out even more. I'm going to call an OB today, but I am just scared something is wrong with me.

Just tell me I'm freaking out a little too much.....

Re: Tell me I'm freaking out....

• Options
    I'm thinking it's a swollen lympth node and all that means is that your body is fighting something. Perhaps a virus? When I get a cold, my lymph nodes swell up and get very sore.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I would check with your doctor.  Pain can sometimes be a sign of something wrong, but it's not neccesarily something really bad.  You could just have an infection, or something like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks. I really wouldn't consider it a "pain". I talked with my mom and she said things so weird as a tight bra have given her pain. She suggested thinking about what could be causing it (DS sleeping on that spot every nap) and change it. If it doesn't go away in a couple days, call the doctor. I could be fighting something, but I really don't have any symptoms. I feel great otherwise, and again not really hurting.

My only other idea is that maybe my milk is finally drying up? I have been able to squeeze a little out ever since he stopped nursing. I don't think I could have mastitis or anything, but maybe that paired with the huge toddler head on it could have done something? I know I'm been paranoid. My mom said to watch it, but not to look for zebras. And yes, I had to ask her what she meant.

• Options

I found a tiny lump in my breast back in September.  I was so scared and ofcourse thought the worst.  I went in and they did a breast u/s.  It turns out it is just an enlarged lymph node.  I would call to ease your mind.  The lump is still there and they will continue to check it every 6 months. 

I wanted to add that my SIL had a pain in her breast.  She went in and it turned out she had a clogged duct.  Her youngest was over a year old at the time and she never breast fed any of her children. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    imagemomtoRaegan041008:

I found a tiny lump in my breast back in September.  I was so scared and ofcourse thought the worst.  I went in and they did a breast u/s.  It turns out it is just an enlarged lymph node.  I would call to ease your mind.  The lump is still there and they will continue to check it every 6 months. 

I wanted to add that my SIL had a pain in her breast.  She went in and it turned out she had a clogged duct.  Her youngest was over a year old at the time and she never breast fed any of her children. 

Thanks! That really makes me feel better. I am really wondering if him laying on it so much could have done something with my supply. I stopped nursing him five months ago so I guess it's completely possible. Thanks again....I know I just got paranoid really quickly. I'm going to watch it for two days and maybe even take some hot baths in case it is just sore. Then I'll call if it's still bothering me.

• Options
    Ug I feel your pain. I have had SO many exams and ultrasounds on my breasts. They are so lumpy and painful at times. I have fibrocystic breasts and it really scares me. Especially because my mom died of breast cancer 2 years ago at the age of 47. I go to the doctor a lot for my breasts and she said as a general guideline (of course there are exceptions to the majority) pain is not usually associated with cancer, it's usually more indicative of benign things (cysts, etc) and cancer lumps are usually hard and irregular. If you are finishing nursing, you will have all sorts of lumps/bumps and maybe some pain (I know I had a painful lump that was a clogged duct). Of course go get it checked, but it's probably nothing. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"