Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Here again, with a second loss. (Sorry, kind of long)

I had my second miscarriage on the 25th. 

I went to the doctor on Monday because I thought I had a stomach bug. She did a normal pregnancy pee test and also a blood test to check for pregnancy and other things. The pee test came back negative, so I thought nothing of it and she said I probably just had a stomach bug or was having a reaction to a new medication I was on. She recommended fluids and to keep an eye on the effects of the new medication.

That Tuesday I got what I thought was my period. It was about 16 days late, but I thought nothing of it because I've had irregular cycles and the new medication I was on was said to make my cycle wacky. I was cramping horribly and clotting pretty bad, but like I said thought nothing of it.

On Thursday my doctor called me back saying the blood test she took confirmed I was pregnant and my beta level was 72. She said I was probably in the very early stage of pregnancy. I then told her that I had been clotting and bleeding since Tuesday. We discussed my options, and she told me it seemed as though my body was going through a natural miscarriage and to come back on Saturday to see if my beta levels had dropped. 

When I went back Saturday the levels had dropped to 24. I'm supposed to go back on Tuesday to make sure the levels are below 5.

I feel so stupid. My best friend kept telling me that I should take a pregnancy test when I started throwing up (which I thought was a stomach bug), but it felt nothing like it did when I was pregnant last time (which ended up in a miscarriage).

I told my boyfriend, and he was comforting, and told me not to feel bad about the situation. I then told my best friend and she was horribly rude, telling me that this wasn't like the last time I miscarried (since I knew I was pregnant for about 2 weeks then) and that it was my fault for "spreading my legs and having unprotected sex". Ummm...what? Thanks for being that shoulder I could cry on, best buddy.

I don't know what to feel, at the moment I'm just numb. I'm not going to even bother telling my family because I don't want anymore harsh judgement.

Anyways, thanks for listening...if you got this far, bless your heart.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Here again, with a second loss. (Sorry, kind of long)

• im sorry, its sad to loose even just one, but even more sad to loose two. i didnt even know i was preg. with my first loss, sometimes i think it can be easer that way
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Pls don't let your friend's cruel words hurt you.  You deserve better.  Hugs!

DD2- May 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1/26/11- missed m/c @ 12 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for you losses and your unsupportive "best friend".  You have come to the right place to find support.  If you ever need to vent we are here for you.  ((hugs))
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry that you are having to join us here on this board and that your friend is being so harsh.   You don't deserve this at all.   We are here if anytime that you need us.   ~big hugs~ 
  • Thank you so much for all your support ladies. I just spent the last hour and a half crying because of all of this.

I know this board was so, so supportive with my last miscarriage. I'll be hanging around here a little more now.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"