Adoption
Options

Texas Adoption help

My DH and I are at the beginning stages of adoption and need some help. We are open to international and domestic but don't know what agency to go with. We are in Texas and would welcome and advice/suggestions.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Texas Adoption help

• Options

You live in the same city as my parents.  :)

I don't have any agency information, but just wanted to say welcome -- if you haven't read the FAQ's at the top of the board, check those out!

• Options
    I am in the process of domestic adoption in Texas and with Gladney (Ft Worth).  I have been very happy with them and they seem to be getting more active in international adoption as well.  We looked at Alternatives In Motion (Houston) Maywood, (Austin),  Abrazo (San Antonio)The only other place that we considered going with was Methodist Mission Home in San Antonio.  Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sent you a PM.
  • Options

When we switched to IA we used Methodist Mission Home as our homestudy agency. The first SW was very slow and is no longer there, but the new one and everyone else has been great! They've been very busy with birthmothers as well.

BTW, we wound up using Holt and adopting from Ethiopia. Formerly we had used a few out of state agencies pursuing domestic adoption.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"