Natural Birth
Options

L&D- what to wear when at birth center/home?

For those of you who delivered either at home or in a birth center- what did you wear throughout your stay in the birth center/home? I might just be in my very own birthday suit when I deliver but not sure what I'll feel like wearing while I'm laboring. I have a couple options in my bag, JIC. A nursing gown and it has a matching robe, and a black jogging bra and a big full/long skirt. None of those things I care about ruining. Maybe I should throw in a regular t-shirt and PJ bottoms.. ?

So just wondering what you ladies found comfortable to wear Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: L&D- what to wear when at birth center/home?

• Options

With DS, I labored in the tub with just a sports bra, and that's what I delivered him in also. This time around I didn't feel like getting in the tub so I just stayed in my night gown, nursing bra, and yoga pants until my body started pushing, then I quickly took off my pants and socks. The gown I had on wasn't compatible for BFing so I changed into one that was, I actually would have changed anyway since I got blood and other lovely things on it:). Wear something comfy, other than that you won't really even be thinking about what you have on. I think the list of things you have packed plus the t-shirt and PJ bottoms will be perfect.

PS I washed everything that I delivered in, and it all came out with no stains.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    98% of my labor was at home and I just wore a t-shirt. I couldn't stand anything around my waist. 1% was in the car and I wore a free flowing dress because it was easy to get on and the only thing I could think of that wouldnt go around my waist. The other 1% I was at the hospital (birth center) and I didn't wear anything because I tore off the dress as soon as I walked in my room. All that said though, I basically had no early labor so I might have wanted something else if I had. I think the options you have are pretty good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAshfieldMay:

With DS, I labored in the tub with just a sports bra, and that's what I delivered him in also. This time around I didn't feel like getting in the tub so I just stayed in my night gown, nursing bra, and yoga pants until my body started pushing, then I quickly took off my pants and socks. The gown I had on wasn't compatible for BFing so I changed into one that was, I actually would have changed anyway since I got blood and other lovely things on it:). Wear something comfy, other than that you won't really even be thinking about what you have on. I think the list of things you have packed plus the t-shirt and PJ bottoms will be perfect.

Thanks ladies ! I was thinking I'd just be in the birth tub with the sports bra and if I wanted to walk around, I'd throw on the skirt and it can come off when I start pushing- did the sports bra get in your way when the baby was born and you did skin to skin contact/nursing or did you just yank it up ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    i labored in a tank top and yoga pants.  when it was time to push i just took off the yoga pants.  of course, i was still wearing a regular underwire bra, so i had to take that off to try to get dd to nurse :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLifesPeachy:
    imageAshfieldMay:

Thanks ladies ! I was thinking I'd just be in the birth tub with the sports bra and if I wanted to walk around, I'd throw on the skirt and it can come off when I start pushing- did the sports bra get in your way when the baby was born and you did skin to skin contact/nursing or did you just yank it up ?

The sports bra did get in the way once DS was born (I ended up just taking it off) which is why I made sure to wear a nursing bra this time around.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    When I was at home I was just in my pjs (for about 6 hours) but after that I was in the bathtub for about 5 hours and had a bathing top on, I probably could have been completely naked but it was nice to keep some modesty going and then the last hour I was in my birthday suit and there is no way I could have had anything on me. HTH!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone- that does help a lot Cool

• Options

I gave birth in a hospital but I still wore my own clothes.  I just wore a nightgown.  I think this time, I will wear a nursing bra (although I'm sure it will come off at some point) underneath since my boobs are now gross and saggy.  But the nightgown thing worked out well. 

But for afterwards, I will bring some comfy pants and a hoodie or something. 

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

Nothing.

How on earth would the baby get out if your pants are in the way?

Duh!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"