Attachment Parenting
Options

what BC do you use?

I do not like taking the pill and I am going to stop but we do not want another baby right now.

We are going to use condoms for now but to be honest our LO is here from condoms :) TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what BC do you use?

• Options
    Right now nothing other than condoms. We have decided we for sure want to wait longer because H is in the navy and I do not want to have a baby while he's deployed. So I am gonna get the mirena. I have my reservations about it but for us I would rather have that than anything else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't do well on hormonal bc, so I have a Paragard IUD.  It's alright, but my periods used to be light for 3 days, and now they're long and heavy.  I dunno if it's from pp or because of the IUD but in either case it sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the Mirena at 8 weeks PP.  Even though we're thinking of trying for #2 shortly after DD turns 1, it's still worth it to me because it was cheaper than a year of the pill (with my insurance) and I can still BF no problem.  I also have not had a pp period yet and I can't even tell it is there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had the Mirena before we decided to try for #2. I loved it. No hormonal side effects like the pill and no period for 3 years. The insertion is a bit painful but it is over fast and you do spot for a few weeks afterwards. After that it is smooth sailing. When we decided to have it removed I got pregnant on the 2nd cycle after removal. I'll be getting it again after this LO is born.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we used NFP to avoid and conceive DS2....it's not nearly as complicated as it seems and i LOVED not being on BC.  i felt like myself again
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagefrklsbride:
    we used NFP to avoid and conceive DS2....it's not nearly as complicated as it seems and i LOVED not being on BC.  i felt like myself again

I second NFP. I charted my temps & CM to get pg with my DS, but after you get to know your body, I think you could easliy avoid pregnancy by just paying attention to your body (CM) and not having to chart temps daily. Of course, everyone's body is different & NFP is not fail-safe. But neither are BC or condoms & I really prefer not to take the extra hormones in the BC.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    definitely NFP!  We use it for religious reasons, but  have found it to be easy, very safe, and really good for our marriage.  We successfully avoided for almost 4 years, so it can work!
    ~Annie Marie~
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    natural m/c 3.28.08, image
    My Blog
  • Options
    Pull-out method right now. I successfully charted to avoid for 10 months before we TTC and plan to go back to that once AF shows up, but no sign of her yet.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Options
    Right now, nothing!  We were "supposed" to be using condoms when we got PG with DS.  So I fully expect another "surprise" BFP sometime in the near future.  I guess that's the way we like it. 
  • Options
    I got on Mirena when DS was 14 months old and AF came back. We were using condoms before that and not really having a lot of time for sex so I wasn't too worried:) I have loved it for the most part. It was $25 on our insurance and getting it in was super easy and I had VERY minor cramping. My period now is about 2 days long and I haven't had to use anything more than a panty liner. The only problem is that I really don't like having this in me. I'm weird about any medicine so something just sitting in my uterus for five years freaks me out. But DH is in law school so I really can't get pregnant right now. I haven't gained any weight, and actually lost five pounds since being on it. No different mood swings or anything. It's the best decision for us right now!
  • Options

I was on the pill for almost 6 years after DS was born and hated every single day of it. I just don't like having to remember, putting the hormones into my body, paying for the script, etc. It just never felt right to me for some reason. DH and I talked about NFP and have decided that after this LO is born, that's what we'll do. I haven't tried it, but from what I understand, it can be very successful and easy to do.

BC is such a hard choice for a lot of women and finding the perfect fit for your body and your family can be tough. Hope you find something that works for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My husband and I used NFP. We read the book, did a bunch of research and did everything perfectly. See sig for picture of our beautiful son conceived on NFP. My doctor wasn't even sure how we got pregnant because she said my charts looked amazing.

After he was born I got a Mirena and loved it. Incredibly light periods (if you can even call them that) and no side effects like I had with the pill. I got it 6 or 8 weeks after my son was born and insertion felt odd but certainly did not hurt. I know it can be pretty painful for many women, but I was surprised that it was not painful at all for me. Taking it out was even easier. A little tug and out it came. 3 months later we were pregnant. (because we were trying - no surprises this time)

If you go with the Mirena make sure that you check your strings and go back after your first period to make sure that it's where it needs to be. I saw some board on here where a bunch of women had "mirena babies" but when I asked, it seemed like those who had the mirena babies didn't check their strings or go back for the followup placement appointment.

I highly recommend mirena. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"