Stay at Home Moms
Options

how soon to send out b-day invites

I'm planning a b-day party on the second weekend in March. How soon should I send out invites?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how soon to send out b-day invites

• Options
    I guess it depends. I send my invites out a month in advance, but that's because most people I know have 2+ kids and they have activities and schedules to deal with.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I try to send mine out 3-4 weeks prior.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are doing one March 5th and will probably send ours out the second week in Feb.  We are only inviting family though and shouldn't be interfering with plans.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    4 weeks is my usual time w/RSVP 3-5 days before the party (depending on what food etc..)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    I sent DD's out 3 weeks out in advance. 2 weeks would be the minimum IMO, more than 4 weeks and it's too far out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ben's birthday is February 28th and we're having his party on February 26th.  I mailed the invites last Monday (the 24th).
  • Options

Agree with PP, probably wouldn't send them out much earlier than the weekend of Feb 12th.

We did 4 weeks for ours too. I know that invites we've received too far in advance sometimes get stuck in the bottom of a pile.

• Options
    DS' party is the end of March- and we will be sending the invites out next week (1st full week of Feb).... RSVP is 2 weeks before the party.  I like to get out the info really early for out of towners, and I usually get a party tray or two, so I like to set that all up a week or two in advance...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"