Stay at Home Moms

Homemade pancakes

I made them today for the first time because we ran out of mix.  I don't love pancakes, but H and the kids do, so he usually makes them from a mix.

He said we were out of mix, so I just googled a recipe - it was SO easy and they were so much yummier. 

No more mix for us!  I feel like a dope for not thinking of this sooner - all the ingredients were things I always have on hand

DS 3.12.08
DD 7.11.09
DD 8.01.13

Re: Homemade pancakes

• imageeaglesfan700:

I made them today for the first time because we ran out of mix.  I don't love pancakes, but H and the kids do, so he usually makes them from a mix.

He said we were out of mix, so I just googled a recipe - it was SO easy and they were so much yummier. 

No more mix for us!  I feel like a dope for not thinking of this sooner - all the ingredients were things I always have on hand

LOL I need your recipe, because I just made pancake ones from scratch today and they were not such a hit! Really bitter! Eck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yup~! :)

It is sooooo easy. I always have a big batch made up in a ziplock bag! Just one less thing for you to buy!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't used a mix in years. It doesn't take any more time to do it from scratch, and it's cheaper. All mine is, is flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, egg and oil. And I like to add a little vanilla.
  • imageMrs.Hizzo:
    I haven't used a mix in years. It doesn't take any more time to do it from scratch, and it's cheaper. All mine is, is flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, egg and oil. And I like to add a little vanilla.

This is the recipe I've used for years as well. I'll also add a little bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and on occasion pumpkin spice. The hubs and kiddos love them this way.

• Mrs Hizzo, the one I used was the same except instead of oil it called for butter

ericanandy, this is the recipe

https://allrecipes.com//Recipe/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/Detail.aspx

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • This happened to me a few years ago. My mom and I used to make them when i was a kid, but i didn't remember how EASY it is. I started doing it again a few years ago. It honestly is as easy as a mix and it tastes way better.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Clearly I am the bad mommy...pancakes made from scratch never even crossed my mind!!  Thanks for the recipes!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol - similar story for us!  We always have a mix, but we were out and I knew we had all the ingredients.  Just looked up a recipe and voila!  That was about 2 weeks ago :-)
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • imageShelly203:
    Clearly I am the bad mommy...pancakes made from scratch never even crossed my mind!!  Thanks for the recipes!!

Haha, I am with you. But I will make them from scratch from now on!

• imageShelly203:
    Clearly I am the bad mommy...pancakes made from scratch never even crossed my mind!!  Thanks for the recipes!!

Haha, I am with you. But I will make them from scratch from now on!

• I think you only have to tweak a few things to use the batter for waffles too.

That's how we roll here- usualy w/a side of pork roll or bacon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • HAHA - yes - sooo easy, right??  Sometimes I freeze them with wax paper between and heat them in the micro!  Easy peasy
  • I love these buttermilk oatmeal pancakes.  I make a big batch and freeze them for week day mornings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"