Washington Babies
Options

birthday party themes?? ideas? help please :)

The birthdays are sneaking up on me... and I need some ideas!

I need a theme for my daughter, turning 3 in April... and also for my son's 1st birthday party in May...back to back party's :)

TIA

Re: birthday party themes?? ideas? help please :)

• Options

My first thought was April Showers, May Flowers, but the flower part probably wouldn't work for your son.  ;) 

Seriously though, April Showers could be an adorable theme - they make super cute rain gear for kids these days.  You could do raindrops, umbrellas/boots, maybe rubber duckies or cute frogs or something.  You could hang cute kid's umbrellas or bright parasols from the ceiling kind of like this:

And centerpieces could be flowers in rainboots like this:

I could go on and on...  I love me a theme party!  ;)

-Deborah

• Options
    What sort of things are they into? My DDs party theme's were always based off things she was really into "The Little Mermaid", horses, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about doing a joint party, inbetween the two? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This idea is what I'm going with for Em's party. She'll be three in April too! She's into Princesses and Polka Dots so I'm kind of making it a Princess Polka Dot Candy Shop kind of theme. :-)

I don't remember who recommended the site (above) or if I stumbled on it, but she has some great ideas. And someone else, Caldwell, I think, posted this site and this party is super cute! If I ever have a boy, I really want to do a Thomas the Train party or a sports party. Both are super cute. Lynchie just did a super cute robot theme for her sons party.

Good luck!

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLifesPeachy:
    What sort of things are they into? My DDs party theme's were always based off things she was really into "The Little Mermaid", horses, etc.

I definitely want to give them each their own separate party...especially with DS turning 1...DD had her own over the top 1st bday party and I am trying to avoid the second child thing as much as I can :) 

DD is into a lot... she loves all things Disney princess - she is also is super into singing, dancing, and music, and art... she is a spunky little girl and loves dress up and always comes up with funky combos so also thought of like a rainbow party or even fancy nancy or something. She is also, although very girly, a rough and tumble girl  - last year we did her party at the YMCA gymnastics gym and she loved every second...but want to do something different this time... she loves animals too - she is into so many things it is hard. Her guests will be girls and boys so I was trying to avoid anything to over the top princessy.

DS, well he is not even 9mos yet so no clue what his interested really are. He loves balls, but I don't want to do a sports theme...I have weird feelings about sports stuff for boys until they are older and show an interest on their own. I thought about animals, zoo, jungle safari or something but really not sure...also I did the giant cupcake for DD for hr 1st bday and was thinking of doing one for him too for his...but still need a theme to build around...trains is a cute idea too...

• Options

cute springy idea!!! definitely will have to give that some thought - thank you! love the originality!

imagecwhip77:

My first thought was April Showers, May Flowers, but the flower part probably wouldn't work for your son.  ;) 

Seriously though, April Showers could be an adorable theme - they make super cute rain gear for kids these days.  You could do raindrops, umbrellas/boots, maybe rubber duckies or cute frogs or something.  You could hang cute kid's umbrellas or bright parasols from the ceiling kind of like this:

And centerpieces could be flowers in rainboots like this:

I could go on and on...  I love me a theme party!  ;)

• Options
    I did an Adopt a Puppy for DD's 3rd birthday. It was super cute in purples and greens and a big hit. Or what about something like its raining cats and dogs.........? LoL. A milk and cookies party? Bugs? Birds? Fun!
  • Options
    I have some party sites in my blogroll if you want to take a look. Catch My Party also has a search section where it breaks it up by theme which might be helpful. For E's first we did an over-the-top ladybug party, and I've seen some awesome Bumpie parties too. It might be fun to even do a search on the Bump for terms like 'first birthday party' or '1st birthday party'. The search function sucks but just type site:community.thebump.com and your search terms. HTH!
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

I have been spending a lot of time in the last month on the 9-12 month board--they talk a lot about 1st birthdays. 

Here are a couple of themes on this website:

https://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/boy-themes.html

Mickey's First Birthday (they have cute mouse ears)

https://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/mickeys-first-birthday.html

Etsy.com had some cute things for this theme.

https://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=1st+birthday+mickey+mouse+birthday+party&search_type=handmade&page=1

Fun to be One-Boy-I like the candle and the cap on this theme.

https://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/fun-at-one-boy.html

First Birthday Boy--I like the sippy cup.

https://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/first-birthday-boy.html

Hugs and Stitches-Boy--I like the sippy cup and dinnerware set.

https://www.1stbirthdayparty.com/hugs-and-stiches-boy.html

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

Does she have a favorite character or movie? Thats how i choose theme. Kai was Thomas the Train for his borthday this past year. Eli has had CARS and Wiggles.

This year I am so excited cause his favorite movie is "UP" so we are having a a up party with lots and lots of balloons!

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Options

For DS you could do Polka Dots and then incorporate balls in as polka dots... ball pit, exercise balls, round lanterns to hang from the ceiling. All in primary colors.

For DD you could do a garden theme party. You can paint flower pots, plant flowers in them. Have fairy wings for the girls and gnome hats for the boys (or who ever wants wings or hats). You can have gardening gloves, seed packets and a watering can as the goody bag. You can even make the paper on your invite plantable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have helped friends in the past with their kiddos and we keep it simple.  Favorite colors & some fun activities. That way you can get plain simple colored plates, cups, etc. and not break the bank & use left overs more easily.  With your DD you could do karaoke.  You don't even need a karaoke machine just a spot for the "stage" area, music, & a fake microphone.  Set up a dress-up area for the performance & have a camera setup for a photo shoot. Then send the photo of the kid in the thank you cards. You could say something like come party with our rock star on her invite.

For DD you could do a ball theme.  As in "come have a ball" and have silly fun ball games. Maybe a ball pit?  Homemade ones are pretty easy.  Get a kid mesh tent & the balls are at Ikea or sometimes walmart. :-)

Oh! and Dollar Tree is great for little things for treat bags if you are going to do that.  We had the kids decorate their own bags (lunch paper bags & crayons or markers).

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"