Washington Babies
Options

Anyone do freezer meals?

Just curious?  I have done dinner's ready before, but it gets pricey.  Does anyone do this on their own?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone do freezer meals?

• Options
    I do.  I made a ton before DS was born and then I make some once a month or so depending on our supply and what I can find good deals on at the store.  It's so great for nights that I either can't or don't want to cook.
  • Options
    I do too. I made a bunch before W was born. I tend to double my recipes when making chili, soups then freeze for the following week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How do you know what freezes well?  That is my problem!

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Usually trial and error, but I never had a problem with soups, chili, most casseroles, pasta dishes like baked ziti, and enchiladas and other wraps.
  • Options
    I have done some.  Here is a website that I found to be very helpful in planning my meals! https://onceamonthmom.com/
  • Options
    I've done some out of a book 'Fix, Freeze, Feast.' The basic concept is to buy food in bulk and prepare it, and split it into 3 or 4 meals. The only problem I have is the portion sizes are too large for us, and a lot is the foods involved something sweet (honey or cranberries) and my DH does not do sweet with his dinner. A couple girls from my book club swear by it.
  • Options
    I did.  My freezer is now my friend!  I did some soups/chilis, a few pasta dishes, Mexican casserole (basically just enchiladas with tortillas layered with the other ingredients instead of rolled up), and a few other items from this blog and this other one (which is hard to read).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"