Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft day six.

I totally spoke too soon about thinking I was feeling better. Today is a bad day...

It started with me feeling crappy last night. DS was up at 7 AM again. I was in a horrible mood. I was snapping at DH because I was already upset with him over something he did last night. I decided I didn't want to be home, so I came to my mother's house around 8:30AM.

Shortly after I got here, DH was still giving me a hard time via text regarding last night and me leaving early this morning. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't get what I'm going through... I guess that is a whole other story, though.

My mom and stepdad helped with DS this morning. I was having a rough time, and told my mom that today I didn't want to be a mother. And I told her that feeling that way made me feel like a total jerk.

I was getting sleepy from the medicine, and napped while he did too. He gave me a really hard time for his afternoon nap, which he is finally down for now. I am feeling really frustrated today, and just unhappy overall.

I don't expect my day to get better. I am going back home when DS wakes up. I'm sure there is a fight with DH in the future for me tonight. I'm too damn tired to deal with anything anymore.

Re: Zoloft day six.

• Options
    Sorry to hear your having a bad day but sometimes they just happen, even once the medication is in full force. and I would def have a sit down with DH and let him know how much is really going on and how bad it really is getting for you. Its his family and he needs to support you. Its great you have your mom to turn to but you shouldnt have to leave your house because he doesnt GET IT! I wish you luck and I feel like you remind me so much of where I was out. I hope you start feeling better. *HUGS*
  • Options
    *hugs*  I hope you day gets better.  When things first were bad for me, I thought it was just DH.  I really thought we might get divorced.  Now, I can see (in our case) the depression/anxiety was PART of the problem.  I've started to read "And Baby Makes Three", and it has some really good insight.  We are also going to therapy together and separately, now.  Would he be open to any of that?

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope today was just a small roadblock for you and tomorrow is better. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"