Washington Babies
Options

WDYT Valentine Idea?

We are "encouraged" to make valentines to give out to kids in the class for Ben's preschool.  No treats or food.  I'd like to do something crafty but easy and fast since Ben has about zero attention span or interest in craft projects.  

So anyway, I just found this when I was cruising through a cute website:

https://www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com/2009/09/how-to-make-tissue-paper-flowers.html

Would it be weird for Ben to make a flower for each kid and put a little Happy Valentines Day tag on them?  Is it weird for the boys?  Is it weird for a boy to give flowers?  Should I just stick with cards and keep looking for something cute? 

Re: WDYT Valentine Idea?

• Options
    I think its cute. Last year someone gave out balloons to each kid and they all loved them.
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options

Very cute flowers.  My only thought on them not working would be if they will fit in the "mailbox".  I know in classes I worked in the kids would make a "mailbox" usually a decorated brown/white paper bag, or large envelope type item for the kids to pass their cards into.  

But I do think they are super cute.  Maybe he could make some to give his teachers for Valentines or Teacher appreciation week?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good point. I'll have to find out how they do it.
  • Options

Well, Valentine's is a pretty girly time of year.  ;)  Having made tissue poms though it's pretty delicate work, I had to be careful not to rip the stuff and I'm an adult (ish). 

M and I made these paper flowers as a project one afternoon.  I basically drew flower shapes, she colored them, I cut them out & punched a hole in the center, she threaded pipe cleaners through them and scrunched down the tops.  Super easy, and they would lie pretty flat for slipping into mailbox/envelopes.  You could write a message on the backs or do a tag for them.  Sorry if the pic is huge, and yes I totally stole the idea from a Caillou episode:

-Deborah

• Options
    imagecwhip77:

Well, Valentine's is a pretty girly time of year.  ;)  Having made tissue poms though it's pretty delicate work, I had to be careful not to rip the stuff and I'm an adult (ish). 

M and I made these paper flowers as a project one afternoon.  I basically drew flower shapes, she colored them, I cut them out & punched a hole in the center, she threaded pipe cleaners through them and scrunched down the tops.  Super easy, and they would lie pretty flat for slipping into mailbox/envelopes.  You could write a message on the backs or do a tag for them.  Sorry if the pic is huge, and yes I totally stole the idea from a Caillou episode:

This is adorable!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Jill - you can't respond to your LJ post - it's set to memories only?  Anyhow, I like it!  I agree that the tissue is super delicate and maybe more frustrating than it's worth.  Can you not just hand out store-bought V-day cards?  That'd be my vote. 

• Options
    Cwhip/Deborah those are great!! And Michelle I think I fixed it. Stupid LJ app. I just don't want to do store bought ones. I'd like to be a crafty mom!! :)
  • Options
    imagecwhip77:

Love these Deb!  Thanks for sharing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just saw another idea. Have the kids color on white cardstock with washable markers. Then have them paint water over it to smear it around. Let it all dry. Then you could use that paper to cut out those flowers. The thing I saw had you make cards from It. But I'm liking the flowers!!
  • Options

I couldn't post on LJ either but didn't try again...

I think I'm doing these for J's class...

https://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/03/19/printable-lollipop-butterflies-and-flowers-for-spring/

But I also saw these today and think they are really cute (and easy!)

https://24-7-365.blogspot.com/2009/02/lavish-me-with-praise.html

• Options

No treat is hard. What about a puzzle? You could have Ben draw like 7 or 8 hearts on a 1/2 piece of paper - and then draw a scene around it (like one is a heart leaf on a tree, a heart butterfly in the sky, a hear flower in the ground etc.) ....or just squiggly puzzle shape pieces between them.

Write something like "How many hearts are hidden on this page? Color all the hearts RED and count them. See Ben for the answer." (The teacher could tell them what to do). Then you could xerox it and have him sign each one. Kids might like it and Ben could hold the secret answer and they would have to go to him to see if they're right...

OR...even take a HUGE piece of poster board and make an enormous heart with a saying - and cut it into simple puzzle pieces where each piece has a section of the heart - and the whole class has to get their pieces together to see what it is. Okay, I'm a dork...I'll stop.

• Options
    imagestacylu:

I couldn't post on LJ either but didn't try again...

I think I'm doing these for J's class...

https://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/03/19/printable-lollipop-butterflies-and-flowers-for-spring/

But I also saw these today and think they are really cute (and easy!)

https://24-7-365.blogspot.com/2009/02/lavish-me-with-praise.html

Those are both cute!  But we can't do any food.  

• Options

I have a collection of ideas saved here...

https://pinterest.com/snowdropfairy4/valentines/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"