Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Had my follow-up u/s

No tissue, just a little bit of fluid that's probably blood which they're confident is going to continue to pass on its own, so that's good.  

They had told me on Wednesday when I called to tell them I was miscarrying that I should come in next week to have my betas checked to make sure they were going down, but when I asked about it today the doctor said it was up to me whether I wanted to or not.  What do you think, should I go in again or not spend any more time in the freaking doctor's office?  (I've been there 6 times in the past 3 weeks already.) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15

Re: Had my follow-up u/s

• Options
    Like Theresa said, maybe do it at home for a couple weeks.  It has been 4 weeks since I had a d&c and still had a positive HPT so when I went for some other blood work I asked them to add the HCG labwork.  It came back at 49 and they want me to recheck in 2 weeks.  Who knows what will happen if it is still positive in a couple weeks.  I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.  I am not sure if there is something to take to get it back to 0 faster or just wait it out.  GL to you and sorry for your loss.
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

First off, I am sorry for your loss.

I opted for blood work and had my betas drawn about a week after my m/c.  They were 79.  That was a pretty big drop because a week earlier they were 3,574.  I have a follow up on Tuesday and the nurse said they were going to do a urine test and if it comes up positive, they are going to send me back for additional blood work.

You should do whatever seems best for you.  Taking a hpt to monitor will give you an idea of what is going on and also allow you to do that at home.  You can always decide you want to get bw done and have your dr call in an order for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"