Working Moms
Options

Who is Dr Laura?

So I've heard "Dr Laura" before and from a post below I assume she is someone who claims that a mom needs to SAH. I googled and came up with some crazy sounding lady called Dr Laura Schlessinger that's on the radio and has apparently written a bunch of books about family/morals/religion. Is that the right person? Thanks!
2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA

Re: Who is Dr Laura?

• Options

Yes, that is her.  She is pyscho.

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is a woman whose own mother was dead for 3 weeks before anyone found her who professes to teach us mom's, SAH or not, how to raise our kids.  Personally, I would like for my child to realize I am dead in less than 3 weeks, so I am going to stick with taking advice from normal people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's her. Personally I think she's a mixed bag. Some of the stuff she says is a bit off, but actually she does some times have some valid points.
  • Options
    Yup that's her.  Crazy beotch.
    PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJOEBunny:
    She is a woman whose own mother was dead for 3 weeks before anyone found her who professes to teach us mom's, SAH or not, how to raise our kids.  Personally, I would like for my child to realize I am dead in less than 3 weeks, so I am going to stick with taking advice from normal people.

*dies*

She's a b!tch.  I've hated her for years.  I used to make my dad turn the radio off when she was on.

• Options

My brother actually bought "The proper nurturing of husbands" or something book for me as a Christmas present one year (like 8 years ago).  Ironic considering our own mother would serve him food as she would our father but yet never did that to her own daughters.  He was the oldest only son in a Latino household and my parents gave him full authority to physcically punish us, so you get the picture.  (He's 56 now and I'm the youngest 40 - just so you'll see we were raised in the 1960's and 1970's).  Thankfully that sh*t wouldn't fly nowadays.

I truly felt I had an open mind when I read the first 3 chapters, but it's very hard considering all she was talking about was how these "complaining women" would call her station to *** about their husbands. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"