Parenting after 35
Options

Dreaded letter

Ugh - I got one of those "We would like you to come in for a special view mammogram and ultrasound but don't worry" letters following my annual mammogram.

I know I have dense tissue in my breasts and my first time I had to go back but that letter just makes my stomach sink. I am going in next week and I figure if it was serious they would not let me wait

Re: Dreaded letter

• Options
    ugh, i'm sorry but i think along your lines- they'd want you in stat if it was something.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm sorry Amy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry Amy and hope all is OK.  I also have dense tissue and am slightly overdue for my mammogram (by a month or so). I know I really need one.

I think if something were truly amiss, your doctor would squeeze you in immediately. Please let us know how it goes.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    They had me come back & did an ultrasound which showed no problems. Of course you can't help but worry though. I guess it's more common than we think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesuperaunt:
    ugh, i'm sorry but i think along your lines- they'd want you in stat if it was something.

Yep!

Also, if there is any inconsistancy between the two breasts, they will have you back. Happens a LOT! And, them being on top of it is a very good thing!

And, good for you for getting your mammogram!

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

• Options
    That would scare anyone. (hugs)
  • Options
    Amy, when do you go back in?
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

• Options

imagemama.bear:

Wednesday.   The other thing is it has been a while since I had a mammogram (pre-pregnancy) so they may see some normal changes and just want a little more detail.

The funny thing is the letter actually said "don't worry" so what do I do?  Worry.Indifferent

• Options
    imageM.Amy:

imagemama.bear:

Wednesday.   The other thing is it has been a while since I had a mammogram (pre-pregnancy) so they may see some normal changes and just want a little more detail.

The funny thing is the letter actually said "don't worry" so what do I do?  Worry.Indifferent

Hard not to worry I'm sure. I'm no doctor but, it sure makes sense to me that a post pregnancy mammogram can be different from a baseline pre pre-pregnancy one.

Will be thinking of you on Wednesday and anxious to hear how it goes.

Left Hug

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

• Options

I'm sure if they thought it was serious, they would have had you in there 1st appt as well.  My motto has always been: there's no reason to worry until it's time to do so. 

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hopefully it's nothing. I have really dense breast tissue, too, so I always have to have some special consult....grr. It freaks me out every single time.
  • Options
    Bleah, I hope it's nothing...
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

From the inter-radiologist talk I hear on a regular basis I have picked up two good-to-know things:

1. Mammography is one of the most litigious specialties in medicine.

2. Most radiologists will over-call or double-check because of #1 above.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"