January 2011 Moms
Options

Introducing Baby Addison! Birth Story (Induction-Turned natural labor-Turned C-Section)

We went in for what I thought was going to be an induction on Monday due to high blood pressure but I was checked and was already at a 4 on my own and having regular contractions so I was no longer going to need Pitocin. The doctor went ahead and broke my water which I thought wasn't suppose to hurt but it did. I was laboring really good and got to 6.5 before getting the epidural because they said with as fast as I was going if I wanted to get one my window of opportunity was closing. So I received an epidural and to be honest it didn't hurt one bit. I must have had an amazing doctor! I dilated to an 8 super fast but then all progress stopped. I was at an 8 for about 2 hours and they decided to start just the smallest amount of pitocin. That quickly got my contractions going hard and fast and the epi was wearing off. We increased my epi and started pushing....I pushed and I pushed and I pushed some more.Then my epidural stopped working completely and could feel everything. Addison was not going anywhere. I pushed for over 2 hours and she had not moved positions at all. Doctor said that I had to receive a c-section. I was disappointed but excited that it was coming to an end. I was wheeled into the OR with DH coming behind me and within what felt like just seconds Addison Rae joined our family at 9:51 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz, and was 21 inches long. Recovery is doing good and we are learning how to breastfeed together. I wish the best for all the rest of the Jan mommas left to deliver.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introducing Baby Addison! Birth Story (Induction-Turned natural labor-Turned C-Section)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"