Hawaii Babies
Options

Exersaucer? Your LO's fave toys?

I know some of you have exersaucers. DO you like it? E loves playing in her activity mat but now wants to always be sitting upright. We think she might like the exersaucer. I have heard there are some cons to it? I checked my Baby Bargains books but can't find any review about them.

We do not have a lot of toys in the house. We do not want our house to turn into a huge playroom plus we do not want to spoil E by buying all the toys that you can imagine. That said, her fave toy right now is her oball rattle. She has Sophie the giraffe but she doesn't really care about her (at least as of yet) lol. DO you remember what your LO's fave toys were when he/she was 3 mo old?

Re: Exersaucer? Your LO's fave toys?

• Options
    how good is her head control?  LB liked the bumbo for small periods when he could only hold his head up for short amounts of time.  The Exersaucer and Jumperoo were HUGE hits in our house, but those require head control the whole time.
  • Options

She has very good head control. We already have her sitting in her high chair and leave her there when she's playing with her oball rattle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We didn't get an exersaucer because it's so big and takes up a lot of room.  Her favorite toy now is the Fisher Price music table, which I got for $20 on Black Friday at Target.  She LOVES it.  Especially the phone.  It comes off and she just carries it around all the time.  Since she's not going to be pulling up and standing for a while you can keep the legs off so she can sit in front of it on the floor and play. 

ETA: The exersaucer would probably be good until she starts to cruise, at which time she probably won't want to be confined.  I read reviews of the music table and lots of parents say their 2 and 3 year old kids still play with it, so it would go a lot farther than the exersaucer.  Just my two cents.  Plus, it's cheaper!  (We also have the LeapFrog table that we got as a gift but I read that it has some chemical in it that isn't good.  I'm thinking of just re-gifting it or maybe selling it on CL.)

• Options
    We have a doorway jumper that LO really loves!  We were given an exersaucer and LO thinks it's OK for a little while but gets bored of it quickly.  It isn't very 'exciting' like some of them, nothing that makes much noise or lights up.  We also were given a Bumbo which he likes for a little while as well.  He still like the play mat and loves kicking, pulling and playing with the toys (I hang different toys from it all the time).  We were at my brother and SIL's house a few days ago and they have a musical table (leap frog).  My brother held Jacob up to it and he LOVED the bright lights and pushing the buttons.  We'll definitely have to get one of those soon :)
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesanae78:

(We also have the LeapFrog table that we got as a gift but I read that it has some chemical in it that isn't good.  I'm thinking of just re-gifting it or maybe selling it on CL.)

Oooh, yikes! I'll have to tell my brother and SIL about this! :-/ 

I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    imageMrsIH:
    imagesanae78:

(We also have the LeapFrog table that we got as a gift but I read that it has some chemical in it that isn't good.  I'm thinking of just re-gifting it or maybe selling it on CL.)

Oooh, yikes! I'll have to tell my brother and SIL about this! :-/ 

Yeah, I don't know how big a deal it is, but since I already had the Fisher Price one I decided to just keep that one and not use the LeapFrog.

• Options
    We skipped the exersaucer and got a FP Rainforest Jumperoo instead. Libby LOVED that thing and so did daddy...he could get stuff done (cook, get ready for work) while she spent 15-20 minutes in that thing. We used it from about 4 months until she was 10 months or so (she's 25 lbs so outgrew it and started pulling up/cruising around that time). You might be able to find a gently used one on Craigslist or consignment.
  • Options
    imagesanae78:

Her favorite toy now is the Fisher Price music table, which I got for $20 on Black Friday at Target.  She LOVES it.  Especially the phone.  It comes off and she just carries it around all the time.  Since she's not going to be pulling up and standing for a while you can keep the legs off so she can sit in front of it on the floor and play.

This!! Except we got it as a Christmas present from my parents. He loves it in "music" mode the most. And he dances to the music too =)

We also don't have much room at our place, but we also have a space-saver jumper that he really loves too, but it's not really for kids around 3mo since their legs aren't able to reach the bottom to push off--B is tall though, so he was able to use it around 5mos (but I read Amazon reviews that some mom's 6mo old still can't reach it)...

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    Thanks for all your recs. We'll bring E to the baby store tomorrow to check out your recs! We'll have her choose which one she likes lol.
  • Options

i think every baby is different :)

Miss A still loved her activity mat at that age... we were given this exersaucer from our last babysitter when she moved and she loves it!! before she was walking she would sit in it for quite some time before getting bored. usually i'd just take her out of it b/c i didn't want her in it for too long.  but, even now that she is walking she still likes to play in it - it's good for when i need to go to the bathroom and such but these days i just let her follow me into the bathroom ;)  once she played in the door jam bouncer (also given to us by the babysitter), she learned how to bounce and now she wants to bounce in the exersaucer too. it's kind of cute to see her rock it back and forth like that!

i just went back to our videos b/c i couldn't remember that far back...and it looks like all she played w/at that age was her activity mat and the toys hanging from it! i can't remember how old she was when i got them, but i did get some soft blocks she loved too.

• Options

imageMarried2MrWright:
    We skipped the exersaucer and got a FP Rainforest Jumperoo instead.

We have the exact same one......a HUGE hit!  He loves that thing.  I can get 20 minutes of happy Henry time so I can fold laundry, cook dinner, etc.

Henry also loves the Oball rattle....definitely a favorite then and now.  He also loves this and this.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I agree that it depends on the baby. I wouldn't invest all that money and space until I knew that E would really enjoy and use it often.

A always hated being confined -- once he could wiggle anyway. He hated the Bumbo, which was thankfully a hand-me-down. I got him a $10 Jumperoo on consignment, and he would last about 5 minutes max in it, usually less. He also hates the Superyard, even though we got a giant one and fill it with toys! Ugh... that was a lot of money wasted.

We have a little roamer on our hands, so his favorite toys are anything he can get his hands on safely. The only thing he has consistently loved is his music table -- on the floor (w/o the legs) when he only crawled and up high since he could pull up.

If you have baby friends, maybe you can try out some of their toys and see how E enjoys them before you buy?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

First, sorry but no matter how hard you try, your house will be taken over by toys! It's just a matter of time... :-)

Second... That musical table has been a longtime favorite. You can use it without the legs until she's able to pull up, so it works for a long time.

At Elle's stage... I'd recommend the Bumbo chair? Also, check out the Winkel, Alexa loved that the same time she loved her oBall.

We did have an exersaucer, which she enjoyed starting at 4 months. And we had a doorway jumper, which she loved as well, starting at around 5-6 months.

HTH!  

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't have an exersaucer...at 3 months, our boys were still pretty heavily into their activity mat. Smile They also loooooved their Lamaze toys.
  • Options
    We were given a hand-me-down exersaucer and B LOVED it. I couldn't remember how early we were given it, but now that I think back, it must have been early because I remember setting her in it during dinner and she would entertain herself for 10-20 minutes... it was wonderful. :)
  • Options
    imagemyday1708:

First, sorry but no matter how hard you try, your house will be taken over by toys! It's just a matter of time... :-)

Second... That musical table has been a longtime favorite. You can use it without the legs until she's able to pull up, so it works for a long time.

At Elle's stage... I'd recommend the Bumbo chair? Also, check out the Winkel, Alexa loved that the same time she loved her oBall.

We did have an exersaucer, which she enjoyed starting at 4 months. And we had a doorway jumper, which she loved as well, starting at around 5-6 months.

HTH!  

I think E is still too young for the musical table. I'll take note of this though and may get one in a few months :-). 

We thought getting the Bumbo since she likes to sit up but we decided against it and assembled the Boon high chair instead. It serves the same purpose and we can wheel her around the house in it.

Oooh, I think she will LOVE the Winkel!! She loves her oball rattle but get frustrated when she can't bite into it lol. I think the Winkel will be perfect for her little hands and use as a teether at the same time (we think she's started teething!). Being BPA free is a plus! Thanks!

I think we'll get her an exersaucer. We'll go to Great Beginnings tomorrow and see if we can have her play in one. Her daddy's the one who's insisting that we get one! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"