Washington Babies
Options

Do you save or throw out your LO's art?

I don't know how many of you have encountered this yet, but MAN OH MAN, there is alot of art.

And I purge and purge and still have boxes and boxes and bags and bags of art - EVERYWHERE.  Due to us moving I've had to admit how much I've saved (I swear I throw a TON out!) but to my DH's dismay I hold on to at least a box per child per year.  I know I have at least 12 boxes of "stuff" from Art to graded school papers to book report projects to diaramas.

I know some people take pictures but I do not have the time - it's too hard to keep up - they bring home a stack of papers PER DAY - both of them!

Here's a news article about the dilemna.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/garden/27art.html?_r=4&ref=homepage&src=me&pagewanted=all

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes

Re: Do you save or throw out your LO's art?

• Options
    So funny - my husband sent that article to me because I toss anything that looks like it isn't special. I was going to post it but I love the line that mom said "I'm not raising them to be hoarders." :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't read the article without creating an account, but I throw out most of it. I keep about 1-2 special projects per year that I save for her "memory box" and then mayve 5-10 more per year that I incorporate into scrapbooks. I also save a few to give to grandparents. K has a board in her room that she can display her artwork on. When it gets too full, she chooses a few to take down. Everything else gets recycled though, after making a big deal about how beautiful it is of course.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I plan to keep some.  Make some shadow boxes/ frames with some.  Take pictures of some and put on a digital frame. I don't want too much clutter. Don't get me wrong I will love the art!  It with get put up on the fridge for a bit first.  Also I plan to make some type of art wall in her room with a bulletin/magnetic board or a clothes line kinda like this.  That she with get to pick a certain amount to have up.  She will have to choose which art piece comes down to put up a new one.

Lol!  I like this:

imagesunmountain:
    So funny - my husband sent that article to me because I toss anything that looks like it isn't special. I was going to post it but I love the line that mom said "I'm not raising them to be hoarders." :-)
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"