Washington Babies
Options

** Angel **

Hi!  A few weeks ago, you mentioned a free breastfeeding class that's offered in Everett.  I thought I wrote it down or marked the thread to watch it, but apparently I didn't.  Can you provide that info, again?  Thanks!
Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!

Re: ** Angel **

• Options

Sure! It's the Expecting Miracles classes that we took. There are seven classes and one of them is all about breastfeeding (and bottle feeding). It was so helpful. I also recommend seeing a lactation consultant after the baby is born...E wasn't a strong latcher and so I got a hands-on (with baby) refresher course with the lactation consultant.

https://www.expectingmiracles.com/

I've also heard La Leche League is a good source, but I don't have any personal experience.

https://www.lllusa.org/web/EverettAMWA.html

I hope this helps!

ETA: Looks like La Leche meets at the PRC too, which would pretty handy.

"La Leche League

Breastfeeding & parenting support. Meets on the first Monday of each month at 9:30 A.M. at the Pregnancy Resource Center of Everett in the classroom, 4310 Hoyt Avenue, Everett, WA 98203. Babies and children are always welcome at meetings! More info here."

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

Thank you!!  I'll start looking into this.  DH was/is tongue-tied and his mom had never heard of having it snipped or getting any help.  I just want basic BF-ing (and maybe pumping) info, but also I'd also like to learn tricks or tips, etc. 

I was considering the class at Providence, but it's all inclusive feeding (BF & FF) and it costs $30.  Not bad, but something free and recommended is better!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, I thought we might do an additional class at Everett but after those ones, I didn't feel I really needed it.

Also, two of the instructors (Serena and Emily) started their own day-spa, and they have some additional resources. I really liked them, but I haven't tried this place (yet).

https://tranquilhavendayspa.com/lactation.html

Off-topic question about feet. I have to wear orthos, and I remember talking to you about yours and your foot surgery. Did any of that affect your hips?

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
  • Options
    imageMrsH_08:

Thank you!!  I'll start looking into this.  DH was/is tongue-tied and his mom had never heard of having it snipped or getting any help.  I just want basic BF-ing (and maybe pumping) info, but also I'd also like to learn tricks or tips, etc. 

I was considering the class at Providence, but it's all inclusive feeding (BF & FF) and it costs $30.  Not bad, but something free and recommended is better!

Snipped?

• Options
    imagebraveangel2:
    imageMrsH_08:

Snipped?

If the reason for latching problems is the baby's tongue being tighter than normal to the underside of his jaw, I've heard the frenulum can be snipped.  I've seen it on a couple of baby shows and read about some ladies having it done, while I was lurking on the BF-ing board.  I'm sure we'd try everything else first, but since I know DH had issues, I just want to know what to watch for.

imagebraveangel2:

Off-topic question about feet. I have to wear orthos, and I remember talking to you about yours and your foot surgery. Did any of that affect your hips?

The only way it affected my hips was to give me bursitis from compensating.  I had my surgery on the right foot, so I compensated by putting more weight on the left foot for a long time, once I could walk again.  That gave me pains in my left hip.  My Dr said it's bursitis.  I've now been having pain in my left foot and need the same surgery in the next few years (not good timing with a new baby), so I some times have the pain in my right hip from compensating.

I'm not sure what kind of issues you are having, but I haven't had alignment issues or anything like that.  And the bursitis doesn't bother me unless I'm spending too much time putting weight on just one side.

I'm not sure if you have a podiatrist (I'm assuming you do since you have orthotics), and I know the location isn't convenient for you, but I really like mine!  I'd be happy to rec him, but he's in Edmonds.

• Options
    Butting in, we also did Expecting Miracles- our doula is one of the instructors there as well (Kate.)  It's great!  A lot of the moms-to-be are young, some are even teens, but the content caters to everyone.  Some of the classes focus on labor coping techniques but of course not everyone wants or has a vaginal delivery, so I'm sure you could skip those if you wanted.  The BFing class was very helpful for me.  Also when we went you got "money" for each class attended to spend at the on-site shop; it has maternity and baby clothes, disposable diapers, burp cloths and receiving blankets, etc.  A lot of the things were not my style, but we found a few super cute pieces for C as well as a couple maternity/nursing tops for me. :)

image Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"