Secondary IF
Options

WWYD friends wedding and treatments?

so DH and I are TTC #2 and are going through IUI's as of now.

so my best friend asked me to be in her wedding in october....  Do I stop treatments and put it on hold to not be huge for her wedding if we are able to get PG. or do I continue?

I dont know what to do.. Im afraid to bring it up to her.

I dont know If i should wait until the summer so im only 4-5 months at her wedding.. ugh I just dont know. WWYD?

Re: WWYD friends wedding and treatments?

• Options

I was in a similar situation a year ago and I didn't stop treatments at all.  Although my friend's wedding was important, having another child was more important.  I didn't get KU, so it didn't matter.  Lots of luck and I hope you have a big ol' belly on her big day Wink

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    Once at the point of treatment I don't think I would stop. But if I was in someone's wedding they would probably already know what I was going through so it wouldn't be that much of an issue.  If you aren't sure, I'd guess you don't really want to stop but you fear her reaction.  There is always middle ground where you could put it off just a month so that you are a little less close to giving birth if it works this time around. I don't see a problem with being huge as long as you can be there.
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would continue treatments.  I had this same issue, I was in a wedding at 33 weeks pregnant with twins--I was huge!!  My attitude was it was ultimately the brides decision, she knew what I was doing and still wanted me in the wedding, if she didn't care than I of course would be there in a heartbeat!! 
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Options
    imageAmandaMacD:

I was in a similar situation a year ago and I didn't stop treatments at all.  Although my friend's wedding was important, having another child was more important.  Wink

I agree with this... i would not post pone.  You can still be there for her even if you do get pg. 

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"