Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Friday Flame Free Confessions

13»

Re: Friday Flame Free Confessions

• Options

I am confused as to what to do about filing our taxes this year.

1. We got married in June and MIl has ALWAYS done DHs taxes (an all her kids') I have always done mine. I dont want her doing ours, I want to.

2. I know we are married but we still have seperate acts, and one joint one. I still pay all my bills (I have my old home that I rent out and I still have a mtg on it- student loans, car payment, phone, gym, and small personal loan) He pays all his. I do all the grocery shopping. Anyway, I liked getting my own tax check every year. I dont know what we will be doing with "our" tax check. I guess I shold probably bring it up sometime.  I would like to put state in saving and split federal (or maybe put some in savings too).

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I think my boss is a skankbag.

I've worked for her for 8 months and she's brought home at least 4 men that she would classify herself in a serious relationship with. Keep in mind she's a 43 year old divorced mother of two. Did I mention that one of the men was in a long term relationship with another woman? Did I mention that another one of them was 22? Did I mention one is MARRIED?

Worst part is she always tells me about how she loves my advice and wants to know what I think about what she's doing in her decisions but I can't exactly tell the person who writes my checks what I really think. ahhh it's infuriating! 

IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Im really not a fan of the nurse that works for my OB. She is so stupid.... Plus my doctor doesnt like temping. Whatever... Im still temping.

Im really hoping this is our cyle. Doctor told me today that I will start Clomid next cycle. I so want to be able to do this with out medications. I dont mind herbal supplements but worried about real drugs.

Ok I think that is it.... Happy Friday!!

• Options

Every month when I get my period I am 1% relieved to not be pregnant. It means I can drink, really push hard at the gym, eat what I want, have my body to myself for another month, etc.

I want a baby so bad, and I do everything I can to get pregnant. I feel really guilty and confused about that 1%.

Oh and I think that one or two owls can be cute, but a whole decor (of anything really) is overboard. 

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    imageBarooGirl:

1. We got married in June and MIl has ALWAYS done DHs taxes (an all her kids') I have always done mine. I dont want her doing ours, I want to. I wouldn't want my MIL doing mine either. I use Turbo Tax, and I really like it. I don't own a home, however, so ours are really straight forward. If you decide to file jointly, I'd talk to him about doing them yourselves in the sake of privacy.

2. I know we are married but we still have seperate acts, and one joint one. I still pay all my bills (I have my old home that I rent out and I still have a mtg on it- student loans, car payment, phone, gym, and small personal loan) He pays all his. I do all the grocery shopping. Anyway, I liked getting my own tax check every year. I dont know what we will be doing with "our" tax check. I guess I shold probably bring it up sometime.  I would like to put state in saving and split federal (or maybe put some in savings too). We have totally separate finances as well. I hope you guys can agree on what to do with your shared (if you go that route) check. We're buying a house soon, so it was easy for us, but I can definitely see how there could be differences in opinion on what to do with it. GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

1. I'm really hoping I'll get pg in the next 2 cycles because I don't want my LO birthday to be during the holiday season. My friends who have birthdays close to Christmas always get looked over and I feel bad for them. :(

2. I've never gotten a positive OPK and I'm secretly worried that FF is wrong and I havent ever ovulated.

3. I'm worried that my DH's marathon training is affecting his sperm count. 

4. I feel really guilty when I have a drink during the 2WW. 

Due in January image imageimage
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

I don't really know if this is truly flame free, but DH would probably not be super pleased. I'm glad my husband's new doctor told him he needs to lose weight. He's been having back pain, and he carries all his weight in his belly (genetics - all the men in his family do), so I knew it couldn't help. I tried to tactfully suggest we work on the weight together, and he shut me down. He has a huge sweet tooth and I've tried to curb it and pack his lunch every day with healthy stuff. He just goes and gets energy drinks and crap when he gets to work. As upset as he is that he heard it from the doctor, I'm glad that someone other than me finally addressed it with him.

What may actually be flameworthy, though, is that I think he's hot just the way he is. He's absolutely my type physically - tall and big. I know he needs to drop 30-40 pounds to be healthy and relieve his back. but he'd better still be at least a little husky Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

I don't really know if this is truly flame free, but DH would probably not be super pleased. I'm glad my husband's new doctor told him he needs to lose weight. He's been having back pain, and he carries all his weight in his belly (genetics - all the men in his family do), so I knew it couldn't help. I tried to tactfully suggest we work on the weight together, and he shut me down. He has a huge sweet tooth and I've tried to curb it and pack his lunch every day with healthy stuff. He just goes and gets energy drinks and crap when he gets to work. As upset as he is that he heard it from the doctor, I'm glad that someone other than me finally addressed it with him.

What may actually be flameworthy, though, is that I think he's hot just the way he is. He's absolutely my type physically - tall and big. I know he needs to drop 30-40 pounds to be healthy and relieve his back. but he'd better still be at least a little husky Wink

I'm going through this with my DH too. He is a stud and thats what initially attracted me to him but I'm starting to realize what his weight is doing to his health and it scares the crap out of me. I nag him about it and he says he wants to fix it but its always half as$ed and short lived. I just don't think he's reached that point yet where he really wants to change. He just wants me and his doctor to stop nagging him. I feel so guilty about it but I really want him to get that wake up call. I bought a scale so he could see just how far along he's gotten and I keep hoping he'll realize he's not as healthy as he thinks he is. Its like he doesn't see it and I don't want him to feel bad about his appearance but I want him to realize where he is and where he will be in another few years if he doesn't stop. He was really active up until these past 5 years and not changing his eating habits to match his physical activity has caught up to him. I think he is incredibly sexy the way he looks but my concerns about his health have made me start holding back on complimenting his body.

• Options

I tend to have the palate of a 5 year old. I've recently been craving elementary school-style cafeteria pizza, so I've told DH that I want a case of pepperoni school pizzas for Valentine's Day. I'm so excited and can't wait to sit in my jammies and stuff my face with delicious, cheap school pizza.

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageBarooGirl:

1. We got married in June and MIl has ALWAYS done DHs taxes (an all her kids') I have always done mine. I dont want her doing ours, I want to. I wouldn't want my MIL doing mine either. I use Turbo Tax, and I really like it. I don't own a home, however, so ours are really straight forward. If you decide to file jointly, I'd talk to him about doing them yourselves in the sake of privacy.

2. I know we are married but we still have seperate acts, and one joint one. I still pay all my bills (I have my old home that I rent out and I still have a mtg on it- student loans, car payment, phone, gym, and small personal loan) He pays all his. I do all the grocery shopping. Anyway, I liked getting my own tax check every year. I dont know what we will be doing with "our" tax check. I guess I shold probably bring it up sometime.  I would like to put state in saving and split federal (or maybe put some in savings too). We have totally separate finances as well. I hope you guys can agree on what to do with your shared (if you go that route) check. We're buying a house soon, so it was easy for us, but I can definitely see how there could be differences in opinion on what to do with it. GL!

Thank you :) Now I dont feel so "mean" about not wanting her to do ours. I like her, I would just rather do it. Although she does DH's brother and his wife and DH's sis and her husband...

I am sure we will agree somewhat, I just am the person who hates to bring up stuff even though I know it will be fine once we talk about it. :)

We each have a house, so if you want one--just let us know ;) Although both are in Indiana and not AZ (which is an amazing place :) )

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

• Options
    image**Papps**:

I REALLY don't get why people freak the fvck out about having something wrong and needing to start testing early. Really, I don't. Maybe some need to go back to school and learn math, because 20% odds really aren't that great, and it does just take some a year, maybe a little bit longer to get pregnant. Chillax FFS

Trust me ladies, you don't WANT to find something wrong.

/Vent

I second, third and fourth you.

I see so many dumb girls going on Clomid and are not monitored and not doing it the right way. THERE IS A RIGHT WAY. Taking a hormonal drug and not being monitored is highly dangerous but seems like so many women have the mentality that they want a baby NOW and don't care much about the risks involved with taking drugs and not being monitored. I've already called out one person on it but I don't think it worked. I feel like calling out a lot of ladies on here who seem to be jumping the gun without having a medical need. I may be flamed in the future for this but I'm really sick of it. Having IF issues is not fun and not "cool" and clomid is not a "trendy baby making pill".

Also I think most of these Flames Free confessions are more whines and kinda lame. 

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Earlier this cycle FF gave me CH?s then took them away. Though I haven?t had a thermal shift, nor a positive OPK, I still took a HPT.... My common sense told me what the results would be (and were) but I still could not help myself.

*********TTC Since 09/2010 BFP 08/19/11 EDD 04/28/12********* It's a girl! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejennilandia:

imageKathy4678:
    I think wearing pads is gross. Pantyliner- ok- I get it, but full on maxi pad- yuck.

Agreed. I wore them for a while when I was a teenager because my mom was convinced that tampons would kill me or something so she instilled that fear in me. Once I switched to tampons I never went back. Yuck indeed.

Me too!!  It would have to be an emergency before I would ever consider a pad!  Double Yuck!!

• Options
    imageChoicesMom:
    imageWannalitter:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

I'm going through this with my DH too. He is a stud and thats what initially attracted me to him but I'm starting to realize what his weight is doing to his health and it scares the crap out of me. I nag him about it and he says he wants to fix it but its always half as$ed and short lived. I just don't think he's reached that point yet where he really wants to change. He just wants me and his doctor to stop nagging him. I feel so guilty about it but I really want him to get that wake up call. I bought a scale so he could see just how far along he's gotten and I keep hoping he'll realize he's not as healthy as he thinks he is. Its like he doesn't see it and I don't want him to feel bad about his appearance but I want him to realize where he is and where he will be in another few years if he doesn't stop. He was really active up until these past 5 years and not changing his eating habits to match his physical activity has caught up to him. I think he is incredibly sexy the way he looks but my concerns about his health have made me start holding back on complimenting his body.

My SO is also a large man.  He actually decided himself to try and lose a little weight.  All he is doing is cutting down portions and choosing healthier foods (although he still refuses most fruits and vegetables) and he has lost 23lbs in 3 weeks! I am very proud of him but I told him if he gets too skinny I'm going to start sneaking fatty things into his food.  I like a little chunk on my man, more cushion for the pushin'!

The downside to his 'diet'? He is a grumpy man when he doesn't eat.  Over the past day or two it's gotten slightly better but he is also coming up on 4 weeks so maybe his body has finally adjusted.

I told him that I am happy he is trying to get healthier for our family and his response? 'Actually, I'm doing this because I've always wanted to wear a Hawaiian shirt open and not feel insecure.' Whatever motivates you I guess haha!

I literately laughed out loud at your husband's motivation. That is awesome and congratulations to him on his weight loss. Wow. I'm always amazed at how fast guys can drop weight. Mine switched to diet pop and lost 10lbs. in two weeks...while eating pizza and McDonalds...so not fair. I hope you buy your hubby his shirt when he reaches his goal. I expect PIPs. I'm so glad to know there are other ladies out there who dig the squish.

• Options
    imageWannalitter:
    imageChoicesMom:
    imageWannalitter:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

My SO is also a large man.  He actually decided himself to try and lose a little weight.  All he is doing is cutting down portions and choosing healthier foods (although he still refuses most fruits and vegetables) and he has lost 23lbs in 3 weeks! I am very proud of him but I told him if he gets too skinny I'm going to start sneaking fatty things into his food.  I like a little chunk on my man, more cushion for the pushin'!

The downside to his 'diet'? He is a grumpy man when he doesn't eat.  Over the past day or two it's gotten slightly better but he is also coming up on 4 weeks so maybe his body has finally adjusted.

I told him that I am happy he is trying to get healthier for our family and his response? 'Actually, I'm doing this because I've always wanted to wear a Hawaiian shirt open and not feel insecure.' Whatever motivates you I guess haha!

I literately laughed out loud at your husband's motivation. That is awesome and congratulations to him on his weight loss. Wow. I'm always amazed at how fast guys can drop weight. Mine switched to diet pop and lost 10lbs. in two weeks...while eating pizza and McDonalds...so not fair. I hope you buy your hubby his shirt when he reaches his goal. I expect PIPs. I'm so glad to know there are other ladies out there who dig the squish.

I love all of these posts. Really love the Hawaiian shirt motivation.

I love that my DH is a little bigger. I, like you ladies, just want him to be a bit healthier so I can keep him around as long as possible. He is pretty active in the summer though. He and his friends "play football" every Friday night. * I would love to hide in the bushes and watch/listen. In my mind they drink beer and toss a football around while talking about all the old HS games they played in 15 years ago. But I am happy he has fun and has a "guys night".

We have a gym date this weekend, cant wait :)

• Options
    imagemissycrissy3:

Im really not a fan of the nurse that works for my OB. She is so stupid.... Plus my doctor doesnt like temping. Whatever... Im still temping.

Im really hoping this is our cyle. Doctor told me today that I will start Clomid next cycle. I so want to be able to do this with out medications. I dont mind herbal supplements but worried about real drugs.

Ok I think that is it.... Happy Friday!!

My doctor thinks it's unnecessary to temp as well. He says I'm wasting my time because there are more "sophisticated" means of finding out if I ovulate.... I still do it though. And already knew the day I ovulated before he stuck his "sophisticated" straw looking thing in my ute... Happy Friday! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    I've been waiting all day to confess. I fell asleep last night and Wednesday night with pillows under my pelvis. Yup. . .guilty! I decided to keep my hips tilted in hopes that DH's guys would make the trek to my cervix. I think b/c we are not doing an IUI, I want to do everything in my power to get those swimmers to the ultimate destination! 
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

I REALLY don't get why people freak the fvck out about having something wrong and needing to start testing early. Really, I don't. Maybe some need to go back to school and learn math, because 20% odds really aren't that great, and it does just take some a year, maybe a little bit longer to get pregnant. Chillax FFS

/Vent

I am with you on this Papps!  

• Options
    imageConstanceGoodspeed:

Every month when I get my period I am 1% relieved to not be pregnant. It means I can drink, really push hard at the gym, eat what I want, have my body to myself for another month, etc.

I want a baby so bad, and I do everything I can to get pregnant. I feel really guilty and confused about that 1%.

Oh and I think that one or two owls can be cute, but a whole decor (of anything really) is overboard. 

. This. Exactly. But I love owls. I think they're cute. But not a ton of them. Oh, and I love all that ridiculous, watermelonellyhusbandwifeartsy baby pictures. And I'll post 'em on facebook too. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1 05/25/11 Pregnant with Baby #1!! TTC since November 2010 PCOS/02
  • Options
    imageNNGnome:

imageKathy4678:
    I think wearing pads is gross. Pantyliner- ok- I get it, but full on maxi pad- yuck.

I can't stand pads or tampons, I have been using the Diva cup for more than 10 years now, and you only have to clean them out once a day, so I never have to deal with it at work, so easy and I they don't leak, and of course, so much cheaper than buying tampons every month.

Yes  I've used my Diva Cup for five-ish years, and I'll probably never use another tampon. 

My confession:  My fat azz ate two (2) of those Russell Stover truffle heart things.  They come out at Valentine's and they are way too rich to double-fist like that.  It's like I think I'm never going to get another chance to have one.

• Options
    image**Papps**:
    imagemoosegal:

I tend to have the palate of a 5 year old. I've recently been craving elementary school-style cafeteria pizza, so I've told DH that I want a case of pepperoni school pizzas for Valentine's Day. I'm so excited and can't wait to sit in my jammies and stuff my face with delicious, cheap school pizza.

This just made me smile :) I remember those pizzas!

Ah cafeteria lunches- anyone else ever get those mashed potatoes that were served with an ice cream scoop? 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    image**Papps**:

/Vent

Only cycle 5 here and I've only had a preconception appointment. 

However, sometimes I get worried that I am trying and it all won't matter because I have a medical condition/difficulty that will prevent me from getting KU without medical intervention.  I don't want to "waste" time.  I don't want to find anything wrong, or require fertility treatments, but if I need it, I'd rather get it sooner than later.  I think that may be where some people are coming from - it isn't that they "want" to find anything, they just want to rule it out and then relax.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image**Papps**:

/Vent

I agree with you. 

I went to a little seminar last night that my hospital has for people thinking about getting pregnant.  I was grouchy when I left because of two things:

One, I am quite sure some people left thinking they should figure out how long a cycle is, and have sex on the middle day.  He drew a timeline with his hands in the air showing CD1, the last day of the cycle, and then made choppy motions in the middle where you should have sex.  Which works great if you have a 28 day cycle with o on CD14.  Not so much in other cases.  Not a word abou cm or charting.

Two, he said that you don't want to hit the year mark with ttc, because then you are labeled infertile.  And that looks bad to insurance companies. He said to come in after 6 months without success.

So, hypothetically, if one of the woman there listened to him, timed sex in the middle of her 30 day cycle, but really o'd on  say CD18, she would be going in at six months. 

THAT may be part of the problem.  

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

I totally agree!

• Options
    Oooh! I just realized I do have a confession: I was one of those girls who thought that I could plan my pregnancy to coincide with the school year. Ha! ( I didnt think I could get it down the the month, but I didnt know I wouldnt even be in the right season)

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageksukinik:
    image**Papps**:

/Vent

However, sometimes I get worried that I am trying and it all won't matter because I have a medical condition/difficulty that will prevent me from getting KU without medical intervention.  I don't want to "waste" time.  I don't want to find anything wrong, or require fertility treatments, but if I need it, I'd rather get it sooner than later.  I think that may be where some people are coming from - it isn't that they "want" to find anything, they just want to rule it out and then relax.

See, now that's where I start to have issues. Just because it costs you $10-$20 for a co-pay, doesn't mean that's what the testing costs. In fact, it's actually expensive.  The more people who go in for testing because they just don't want to "waste time" the more the insurance has to pay, which in turn they pass on the the patients. Such as ME.  Costs for insurance will go up, trust me

Also, for those who have legitimate issues, it makes it harder to get in with an appointment because there are so many others going in who in reality do not have any issues, and will most likely get pregnant in the next 6 months 

That's a good point...I'm not sure about the insurance costs going up for "overuse," but I'll take your word on that.  

My point was that I think I understand where some people who want to "test" early are coming from.  It is impatient, impulsive, etc.  I am not saying it is right, I just get where they are coming from.  Even rational people can become irrational, impatient, impulsive, etc. in this process.  I've certainly had my moments!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ok flame free.  I got one.  a big one.

I have tons of good, good friends that have graduated and I am so, so happy for them.

That being said, I still (on my sad, hard, emotional days) don't like when pregnant girls post on TTGP.

Sometimes this board is the one place I have to go where everyone is in the same place I am.  So sometimes, I have a really hard time seeing grads posting on this board.  I know that it was frowned upon more in the past than now... but it is how I feel some days. 

• Options
    imageksukinik:
    image**Papps**:

/Vent

First that's not how things are done with anything. I have a family history of colon cancer, do I need to be regularly checked to rule out I don't have it? Second, I don't believe that's the reason a lot of women get tested. They get tested because they think something is wrong with them. Third, what if you do get diagnosed, it doesn't rule out your chances totally of conceiving on your own a lot of times. I have a diagnosis and have had 3 unplanned pregnancies in the past 5 years. I am now having issues but it was more important to get them under control and make sure I was healthy even though I had the option and insurance coverage to start treatment. I have seen women on here get pregnant the cycle before starting Clomid. If you have known issues that is one thing, but impatience is not fertility problem.
  • Options
    imageloveypants:

ok flame free.  I got one.  a big one.

I have tons of good, good friends that have graduated and I am so, so happy for them.

That being said, I still (on my sad, hard, emotional days) don't like when pregnant girls post on TTGP.

Sometimes this board is the one place I have to go where everyone is in the same place I am.  So sometimes, I have a really hard time seeing grads posting on this board.  I know that it was frowned upon more in the past than now... but it is how I feel some days. 

I've had those same thoughts. And I hate myself for having them because most of the ladies who do pop in usually only do it because they have great knowledge to share and only do it out of love and wanting to help (or offer well placed sarcasm/snark). But, it is still hard to see the tickers/pictures/sonograms.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    imageLillyMD:
    I didn't have a cup to pee in at work when I was using OPKs last week, so I peed in the cap of my mt dew bottle.  Even worse than trying to pee in a thimble was that after I dipped my stick in it, I forgot about it and left the cap filled with pee on the floor in the (one person) bathroom. It was still there when I went back to go the bathroom three hours later! Embarrassed
    I just got uncontrollable giggles after reading this! It's something I might do.
  • Options
    I actually like listening to ke$sha's music 
    TTC since December 2011 
    Me: 30    Husband: 34

9 rounds of clomid with 5 IUIs.
    2 rounds of ovidrel with no IUIs. 

Feb 2016 -Started IVF cycle but cancelled. 
    March 2016 - Changed doctor
    March 2016 - Diagnosed with male factor, motility issues
    May 31, 2016 - Started IVF cycle
    June 15, 2016 - Egg retrieval, 27 eggs 

• Options
    image**Papps**:

I'm tired of drama

ETA- this is not towards any one person, just in general 

LOL! I will include this in every one of my FFFC from now on. Yes

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.