Health & Exercise
Options

what kind of results do you get from spin?

how often do you spin?

and what results/benefits do you really notice?

i know its a great cardio workout, but is it helping you slim and tone? i'm trying to increase my resistence to get more toning lately. funny, but i always gauge how good my workout was by how sore i am the next day. and spin never makes me sore. is that good/bad? i usually only go twice a week. and do elliptical and strengthening at home a few other nights. i know i need to put in more strength though.

Re: what kind of results do you get from spin?

• Options
    I love it! I spin four times a week (besides this week-have the flu). It helps my butt, abs and especially legs firm up. I just feel stronger and much firmer with spinning. I just need to do more light weights for my arms! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Spin is a great cardio work out.

If you want to drop weight, 80% has to do with what you eat and about 20% is about working out.  If you eat garbarage, then you're not going to see a difference, even if you work out. 

The best way to help with losing weight is weight training.  Invest in going to some strength training classes or go an see a trainer.  Building up lean muscle mass helps burn more calories. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love spin, aI actually teach it 2x a week.  I am almost always at least a little sore.  Keep upping that resistance and for toning, add some weight training.  you'll see results much faster that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I generally get dizzy.
  • Options
    I think that spin burns more calories per hour than basically anything else you can do at the gym...it's on par with kickboxing and running.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"