Natural Birth
Options

NB of multiples (link in post)

This was posted yesterday on FB by my former MW and I remembered that there are several of you on here struggling to have a NB with multiples, so I thought I would pass it along just in case you haven't seen it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50  Best wishes! 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

Re: NB of multiples (link in post)

• Options

Thank you for this link!!!

I just transferred two embryos on Wednesday and am in the waiting game to see if I am pregnant.  I was given a one in three chance of twins.  I already know that I will hospital birth if I have twins...BUT you better believe I will be calling the shots in the hospital birth.  I want a homebirth in the hospital.  I know I can do it because I already have once!  I just need to find a provider who agrees with me :-)

I will keep this for future reference..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Love this video!

My cousin sent me this link after I was told by my first OB that I was basically an idiot for even thinking I could have a natural birth with twins. This video definitely started me on the journey to researching what IS possible with twins and natural birth...

Well, they're both vertex for now and with 3 amazing midwives, a doula and a awesome doctor(I dropped the old one) I now know that if I deliver at home or the hospital I will have the best birth possible for my twins and I. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that link.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cried like a baby while watching this.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The very first statistic in that video is wrong; it's 50%, not 60%, of twins that are born by Cesarean. (And that's a very well-known statistic, so I have to admit that makes me give the creator of this video a bit of a side-eye.)

Anyone considering a natural birth/home birth with twins just needs to make sure to do adequate research. (I ended up with an induction for my twins in the hospital but they were delivered vaginally despite the second twin flipping to breech and it was a relatively low-intervention birth. Great experience; no unnecessary interventions but also no unnecessary risks, i.e. home birth of a high-risk pregnancy.)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"