Postpartum Depression

Zoloft day four.

Today has been the best of the last four days. Could be a combination of things. DS slept mostly through the night, and this is unheard of for him. Still, I did not sleep well last night at ALL (not because of the Zoloft). We had a really good morning, and I let DH sleep in while DS and I laughed and played together. We haven't laughed this much together in a long time, or ever. I just felt really happy.

I still felt drowsy from the Zoloft this morning about 1-2 hours into taking it, so I napped a tiny bit while DS napped. I felt okay when I woke up. Thankfully, the drowsiness does not last all day long. I think I can handle feeling just a little sleepy in the mornings, and this does seem to be improving.

DH let me take a long afternoon nap, which was probably a little too long. DS napped just as long, so that was good too!

Today, I had one or two of my scary thoughts, but recognized it was happening and pushed it out of my mind. I hope this will continue to get better. I can't believe how much clearer my head felt today compared to before. Even just last night was pretty awful for me. As the evening progressed last night, I felt my anxiety getting higher and higher.

So, I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow like today. But I still know the medication will take time to really make a difference. An hour ago, I drank some calming teas that my midwife provided, so I wonder if that has anything to do with me not feeling anxiety so far tonight too.

Re: Zoloft day four.

• Soooo glad to hear its getting better. Any anxiety SUCKS esp if your pregnant because u cant take anything additionally but once your feeling better a little lit exercise could surely help. But with anxiety anti depressants take a bit but zoloft def did eventually help with my experience with anxiety before. GREAT job pushing those negative thoughts away!! Are u feeling better about #2 these days?
  • imagetotallyshocked:
    Soooo glad to hear its getting better. Any anxiety SUCKS esp if your pregnant because u cant take anything additionally but once your feeling better a little lit exercise could surely help. But with anxiety anti depressants take a bit but zoloft def did eventually help with my experience with anxiety before. GREAT job pushing those negative thoughts away!! Are u feeling better about #2 these days?

I'm pretty stressed over #2 coming in May, which fueled a lot of my anxiety last night. I want to love this baby, but I don't feel connected still. A little bit ago I was starting to feel the anxiety again. I don't know why around this time, I start to feel my heart racing, and the tension build up. I'm not even thinking about anything, I just notice it building and building.

I'll stick with the 50mg each morning. I don't think the dosage is an issue at all. But when I follow up with the doctor, I will mention it if the anxiety continues at night. I wonder if he will recommend maybe taking 25mg in the morning and again at night. But if the 50mg works for the day, then would only doing half in the morning not do what the 50mg has been doing for me so far for the day?? Does that make sense...?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure if there is a medical reason for it, but I felt my anxiety creep up when the sun would go down. Nighttime was the worst! I still don't get why.I remember begging my husband to stay awake with me to keep me calm. I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to be alone. I felt alone if he was asleep. 

I'm not sure if rearranging the dose would really matter. I'm not a doctor of course, but I think the drug stays in your system long enough that it wouldn't have a great impact either way. Couldn't hurt to ask though.  

I'm glad you had a good day! There are many more to come! Hang in there! :) 

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • imagemrsbnlmel:

I'm not sure if there is a medical reason for it, but I felt my anxiety creep up when the sun would go down. Nighttime was the worst! I still don't get why.I remember begging my husband to stay awake with me to keep me calm. I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to be alone. I felt alone if he was asleep. 

I'm not sure if rearranging the dose would really matter. I'm not a doctor of course, but I think the drug stays in your system long enough that it wouldn't have a great impact either way. Couldn't hurt to ask though.  

I'm glad you had a good day! There are many more to come! Hang in there! :) 

Yea, when DH is ready to go to bed, I feel forced to go to sleep. And I feel anxious too at that time. I guess I'll mention it to the doctor in 2 weeks. I hope it passes though..

• Yeah..I'm on week 4 in my journey and I still don't sleep. The anxiety is better, but I feel more depressed and cry a lot. I think it's cause I don't get sleep and it's just a viscious cycle. I'm only n 25mg and wondering if I need a higher dose. What mg are you on?
  • Thank you for posting this daily.   I have terrible anxiety and have had for about 7 years now.   I am currently on 20mg of lexapro and going through infertility issues. 

I just did a trial cycle with a ton of infertility medications and then they told me to stop all infertility meds and my anxiety/depression it bad again.    I feel SOOO tired all the time, really down lately with tons of headaches.  

I was thinking of changing to another medication at some point but I am terrified that I would get much worse before better.   The Psych said that it was my choice to switch or not (she was not much help at all).    It helps to see how others are doing on the Zoloft.  

I fully understand about the sleeping thing.   I feel the same way when DH goes to bed, he falls asleep in seconds and I just lay there.    I rub his back and watch TV.  

Thank you for posting your updates, it helps more then you know!   

• imageTARAnj:
    Yeah..I'm on week 4 in my journey and I still don't sleep. The anxiety is better, but I feel more depressed and cry a lot. I think it's cause I don't get sleep and it's just a viscious cycle. I'm only n 25mg and wondering if I need a higher dose. What mg are you on?

I'm currently taking 50mg. Check with your doctor if you are feeling more depressed. Maybe upping the dosage would help?

Not only can I not FALL asleep, but DS isn't sleeping through the night. By the time I fall asleep, he will wake up 1-2 hours in. And likely two more times before he is up for the morning. So tiring.

• imagehooliface:

Thank you for posting this daily.   I have terrible anxiety and have had for about 7 years now.   I am currently on 20mg of lexapro and going through infertility issues. 

I just did a trial cycle with a ton of infertility medications and then they told me to stop all infertility meds and my anxiety/depression it bad again.    I feel SOOO tired all the time, really down lately with tons of headaches.  

I was thinking of changing to another medication at some point but I am terrified that I would get much worse before better.   The Psych said that it was my choice to switch or not (she was not much help at all).    It helps to see how others are doing on the Zoloft.  

I fully understand about the sleeping thing.   I feel the same way when DH goes to bed, he falls asleep in seconds and I just lay there.    I rub his back and watch TV.  

Thank you for posting your updates, it helps more then you know!   

I'm glad it benefits others for me to post daily about it. It certainly helps ME, so that's another reason why I do it!

I seem to hear only good things about Zoloft. So far, I don't have any complaints. Will do a day five update tonight sometime.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"