TTC after 35
Options

update (re: officially freaking out)

Thanks, everyone, for the support throughout the day.  It has really helped, especially without DH here (he is flying in tomorrow night).  I'm all alone here in bed (ok, the cats are here too) so any virtual company you feel like sending my way would be very welcome. Sorry it's taken me so long to update; I have mostly been on the phone with DH, my mom, my best friend....

So, my old RE called immediately in response to the text message I sent him and he was very nice.  He agreed that 752 is on the low side but said that (as we all know) that we can't know anything until I do another beta on Saturday.  He believes it is definitely a pregnancy, and that it's just a question of what kind; he's also concerned to be sure it's not ectopic (I currently have no symptoms of that sort, though maybe it's too early?).  

TMI: I am having spotting of the sort that when I pee, the water in the toilet gets tinged.  But when I wipe, it's light pink/brownish.  So far.  Mild cramping.  Definitely larger and sore BBs. 

Anyway, the RE prescribed progesterone just in case it's a viable pregnancy, though here's another story of (rant about) my old clinic's incompetence (or maybe even the RE's).  He said he'd tell the nurse to send in the rx.  An hour later, the receptionist calls to schedule my beta on Saturday morning (7:30, good God).  I try to confirm that the progesterone has been ordered.  She says she doesn't know but will ask the nurse and have her call me back.  No phone call up through the time I leave the office and go to the pharmacy -- some 3 hrs after talking to the doctor -- and the rx isn't there.  I call the clinic and now talk to a *different* receptionist who has no idea what's going on.  I lose it right there in Walgreens:  "I am standing here to get this rx so I can go home and lie down and deal with the unfortunate event I'm experiencing related to pregnancy that I cannot discuss in the middle of Walgreens!"  Then my cell phone loses the connection because Walgreen's has bad reception, and I call back and tell the receptionist to frigging call the pharmacy.  She says she can't reach a nurse, they're all with patients, but she'll try to "run back" and get one of them.  Finally someone (a doctor -- maybe mine?) calls and speaks with the pharmacist and I get my progesterone (oral version b/c the pharmacy doesn't carry the suppositories and the super nice pharmacist who has watched me for 6 months picking up clomid, estrace, femara, etc. doesn't want me to have to travel anywhere else to get some).  AAAGGHHH!!  Makes me think I should have called my new RE but that sort of didn't make sense to me since though I'm sure she would help, it's the IUI from the old clinic that produced whatever's going on now.  Does that make sense? I have to say, I wasn't thinking so clearly when trying to figure out what to do, and I knew I could text my old RE rather than calling reception at the new clinic.

Lying in bed trying to stay calm, trying to be positive but I don't feel especially hopeful.  It is true, as someone pointed out on the other thread, that at least I appear to have gotten pregnant.  Sure, but what if it's the last time for another seven months?  Or ever?

This blows.  Plus at the very same time that I was dealing with this today I got a very disappointing email at work about something I applied for and have been denied for largely bureaucratic reasons rather than anything having to do with my own merit for same (as I've been told).

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 

Re: update (re: officially freaking out)

• Options
    Still thinking good thoughts for you! <<Hugs>>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hope it is ok if I chime in... My first beta was 900, so not that much higher than yours. As long as it goes up on Saturday, you should be good! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagealfontaine:
    Hope it is ok if I chime in... My first beta was 900, so not that much higher than yours. As long as it goes up on Saturday, you should be good! Good luck!

Thanks, alfontaine.  The downer is that going by my LMP of 12/22 (if we don't count the one I thought I had last week), I'm 25 dpo or 5w1d today.  So only 4 days behind you but I assume with a much, much lower beta, comparatively speaking. 

Sad 

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options

Thinking positive thoughts for you. The power of positive and the power of the bump dust is good. Sending lots of both to you and will keep watching for how you are doing!!! Think positive and all will be ok, whichever way ok is.

Kristin

• Options
    You poor thing!  You have a lot going on right now... I will be sending you all my positive thoughts.  Hang in there!  I will be anxiously waiting your update after the Beta on Saturday.  :)
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    I hope you can get some rest and cuddle with the kitties.  I'm sorry you are going through this and wishing a great outcome!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Hi Coop! I just finally logged on and saw your post from last night and updates today. I will say a prayer for you! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hoping you get a good nights sleep. Take care of yourself. Saturday is almost here and you will have some answers then. Hugs!

• Options
    I am sending positive thoughts in your direction... I hope things turn out for the best!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    Sorry you have to deal with all of this uncertainty-  must be very difficult.   Hopefully Saturday will bring some good news!   Hoping for the best for you!

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.  Hope all turns out well.
  • Options
    Wow how crazy! I am so hoping for good news on Saturday!!!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry you're going through all this.  But I'm still thinking positively for you that it will all be ok.  I understand your concern about the last time for 7 months but it is a good thing that you got pregnant. :) And maybe it will need to be the last time for 9 months.  Bump dust sent to you. Good luck!!
  • Options
    i'm thinking of you coop.  Hope all turns out a-ok.
    About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options
    What a craptastic day.  I can understand why you left that RE.  I'm hoping you've got a fighter in there and Saturday gets here soon and your beta gets you some answers.
  • Options

I have my fingers crossed for you that everything works out and this is the "take home" baby you have been hoping for.  I am so sorry if my comment on the earlier thread upset you, I honestly thoguht that it was a positive that you got pregnant since you have been trying with different protocols for some time.  To me that means that maybe you and your RE have found the protocol that works for you and you will not have the long wait to conceive again if (god forbid) things don't work out.  I know hearing someone point out the "silver lining" isn't always helpful when you are stressed and I am again so sorry if I added to your stress. 

Thinking of you!  Take Care,

Sarah  

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageUOduckBride2be:

I am so sorry if my comment on the earlier thread upset you, I honestly thoguht that it was a positive that you got pregnant since you have been trying with different protocols for some time.  To me that means that maybe you and your RE have found the protocol that works for you and you will not have the long wait to conceive again if (god forbid) things don't work out.  I know hearing someone point out the "silver lining" isn't always helpful when you are stressed and I am again so sorry if I added to your stress. 

Hi Sarah, no apologies necessary.  You really didn't upset me at all, I think I just couldn't hear what you were saying yesterday.  I totally hear it today and I am pleased that we conceived, though I'm still worried about egg quality and wondering if that's why this one didn't take.  Problem is, this protocol was the same as the previous four, the only difference being that it was the timing I wanted (36 hours after trigger) PLUS having DH around afterwards to back it up.  We'd never been able to have that combination before because of DH not living here, and we may not be able to again before mid-May.  But it does make me rethink whether or not to jump to IVF the way I was about to, that's for sure.

Anyway please don't think you upset me, because really you didn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"