Washington Babies
Options

Egypt cut off

As we speak I am cut off from friends and family in Egypt. The government is worried because there is a HUGE protest planned for Friday around 1pm, 12 hours from now. 

There is a planned gathering to show support to Egyptians this weekend. If you are interested here are the details. https://on.fb.me/htvrFs on facebook. 

If you have any question about Egypt that I can clarify please let me know. No need to believe whatever rumors you hear. :) 

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.

Re: Egypt cut off

• Options

You MUST see this video, don't don't watch it in front of alert children (man drops when struck by bullet)  from the assoc. press https://apne.ws/hgEg4d

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you aren't able to communicate with your family!  I've been following this, althought not closely.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!  Thanks for keeping us updated!
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope your family and friends stay safe!

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Options

Incredibly scary times.  I had an Egyptian roommate when I was in my 20s.  I remember her saying, "We have had the same president for 16 years.  There is no democracy."  She was trying to get into yet another school program after 3 degrees, just to avoid going back.  Here we are so many years later and nothing has changed. 

Watching some of that footage really drives home how trivial some of the stuff we talk about is.  So what if my kid is waking every hour - I know he is safe, and has a decent chance (unless the current political shift continues along the way of corporate-funded hatemongers, perhaps) of growing up where he can make a living and has a voice in his government. 

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"